“Highly recommended if you're ever in Whitehorse”

Hidden Valley Bed and Breakfast
Ranked #2 of 28 Whitehorse B&B and Inns
Reviewed October 14, 2013

I stayed at this B&B for 3 nights during my October Alaska Highway holiday/adventure. As it turned out, I was the only guest at the property this particular weekend, but there are 4 bedrooms upstairs...each with its own dedicated bathroom, a B&B rarity. This is a delightful property that also has a working farm...breakfast eggs were indeed farm-fresh. The proprietors Emile and Eva happened to be away on holiday the weekend I was here, but their caretaker Joanne proved to be a most gracious and outstanding stand-in. She prepared a delicious breakfast each morning...she has some personal specialties (including an amazing Crepes Suzette) and they were all wonderful. This B&B also provides access to their washer/dryer at no additional charge...a definite plus for long-range travelers like me and I used them well. I also used the Wifi that they have in the house. I was able to use this B&B both as my "home base" for Whitehorse and also for the day trips I took within driving range of the area (Atlin BC and Kluane Lake). Oh, I should also mention that Joanne has two incredibly friendly dogs, and Emile and Eva also have 2...the 4 dogs are quiet (don't worry about the barking welcome they'll give you when you first arrive) and will melt your heart with their immediate affection...but they will also be kept away from you if that is your preference. I would highly recommend this B&B for every reason.

Room Tip: There are 4 bedrooms and 4 bathrooms upstairs, but for 2 of them you have to walk out into the hallw...
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled solo
There are newer reviews for Hidden Valley Bed and Breakfast

Reviewed September 24, 2013

If you're looking for a quiet place in Whitehorse and have a car (the place is about 10 miles out of town), then the Hidden Valley is the place to be. Rooms and the whole house are very lovely decorated, great view across the valley, comfy beds, nice breakfast. Nothing to complain about :-)

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 14, 2013

Wonderful breakfasts, great hostess, beautiful view of the mountains from the courtyard! What more can you ask for? My 13 year old son and I stayed there in late August 2013. The room we had was a bit small but it suited our purpose. It had 2 twin beds. I saw the other rooms and they were quite large and spacious. Very clean, very well decorated. The rest of the house is just beautiful. The courtyard is awesome - many flowers and trees. They have wifi which was great as I needed to finalize the plans for the rest of the trip!

I highly recommend staying here!

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed September 11, 2013

My husband and I stayed here one night on our trip to Alaska and had such a great time! Eva and her husband were so very kind and wonderful to talk to. Felt right at home from the moment we were welcomed in. We also had two small dogs that were welcomed as well. They didn't demand that they were kept in the bedroom and/or on leashes while we were there either. They let them walk around the house leash free as if they lived there. ;) They loved it! We will definitely stay there again on our next trip through Whitehorse!

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank JulesZ79
Reviewed August 28, 2013

Beautiful location, terrific friendly people, excellent breakfasts.
If you want a true Yukon experience, this is the place to stay - just a few minutes outside town. Quiet, peaceful, there is no comparison to the rather worn hotels downtown.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed August 12, 2013

If you're coming to Whitehorse, then you have to stay at Hidden Valley. The breakfast is fantastic and you won't need to worry about lunch while you explore the town or go enjoy the great outdoors. I had my 3 year old son with me who is...a 3 year old boy with all the energy and curiosity that comes along with the age. They were so gracious and welcoming; it made for a great weekend. We will definitely come back.
The one thing that I would suggest would be room darkening shades, so pack an eye mask if you're traveling during the long summer days.

Room Tip: Cappuccino room was spacious for 2 adults (me and my dad) and a busy 3 year old.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed July 29, 2013

We stayed here in June for one night while traveling through. Our host was very kind and hospitable. She was a wonderful cook. Breakfast was delicious and highly thorough. The only complaint was that our room felt about 90 degrees at night. Usually yukon residents and Alaskan residents ( of which I am) don't have air conditioning, so this was expected. I also recommend some mattress toppers to make the beds a little more comfortable. I don't mind sleeping on harder beds, but my husband had a hard time. Over all I was ver please and would definitely stay there again.

Room Tip: Bring a fan, no AC.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family