“Best Sushi in town”

Cuisines: Japanese
Dining options: Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed August 14, 2012

Nice place. Try to get the low table booth. Veggie californian rolls are great! Must be patient on busy nights though. Might have to wait for a table.

Reviewed August 12, 2012

Like any food in Whitehorse, Sakura Sushi is no deal. Coming from Vancouver we were reluctant to give it a shot but a craving is a craving! Glad we tried it! We got the 4-roll veggie combo for $16 plus a veg sunomono. I can't comment on the quality of the fish but judging by the quality of the veg rolls, I would bet anything on the menu would be great.

Reviewed August 4, 2012

First off, you're in Whitehorse. The sushi is good, not as great as good sushi in Vancouver but then again, not as bad as bad sushi in Vancouver. I usually order sushi and don't bother with cooked stuff although my friends have had the teriyaki etc and been pleased with it.
The rolls and sushi are good. The fish is fresh and the portions are reasonable.
Service depends on how busy they are. They are very quick with the tea and menus so it never feels like you are waiting for something. Even when the restaurant is full, I rarely have to wait 10minutes for my bill. The waitresses are pleasant and the prices are reasonable for Whitehorse.
This restaurant is not "authentic" but it fills a niche when one is tired of fish and chips and fish tacos.

Reviewed July 8, 2012

My favorite Japanese place to eat, good food, lots of choice... love the bento boxes!

Reviewed June 4, 2012

First, The food was very good, and well presented. It deteriorates from there. I am a fairly accomplished amateur chef so when I go out for dinner I feel that I am paying for inspiration of flavour and mainly to be served; at the very least, courteously, and at best, to be down right entertained.

This is where this restaurant disappointed me. It was fairly busy when we went on Saturday night with a few large parties but there seemed to be ample staff.

Our order was partially forgotten, as were our tea cups. We needed to ask multiple times about our food's whereabouts, and the orders that they had remembered were brought out in glacial succession. We were never checked on or asked about during the interglacial periods as our original server seemed to have disappeared part way through. She was apparently replaced with an other server, more interested in flirting with one of the patrons behind us and watching the hockey game at the bar.

Being born and raised on Canada's left coast, I generally have pretty low expectations when it comes to service. If they had shown more interest in us as customers or even made us some kind of peace offering to make up for the slowness, I would be writing a glowing review.

If all you care about is food quality ..........by all means visit Sakura......its got some tasty selections - but if you're like me and expect a minimum of service while you're shelling out big, hard earned bucks, then look elsewhere.