“If you like lamb and crime brûlée...”
Review of Antoinette's

Antoinette's
Ranked #3 of 109 Restaurants in Whitehorse
Cuisines: International
Dining options: Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: Our mission: "To teach our guests how to "LIME" through pure niceness and good food". As you walk through the doors of Antoinette's you are welcomed by one of the most architecturally eye pleasing locally built concrete bar. A perfect place to enjoy one of our featured Martini's. Out back enjoy (even when it rains) our beautiful covered deck - a little oasis in the heart of the downtown business district. Our cuisine is a mix of world foods with Caribbean influences and Vegetarian. We endeavour to use all the traditional, authentic ingredients necessary to hold true to these varied and interesting cultural recipes.
Whitehorse, Canada
“If you like lamb and crime brûlée...”
Reviewed July 29, 2013

Best rack of lamb and rostis (fried potato delishiousness) and Creme brûlée - you must eat this - and wash it down with a coco Morrison (coconut rum triple sec and tonic) totally refreshing - this is a slow food restaurant - and it's worth the wait!

Glasgow, United Kingdom
“Carribean spice in the Yukon”
Reviewed July 29, 2013

We had a delicious meal here on a Friday night.Service was slow, as we had arrived shortly after a large party, but the waiters were friendly and the food worth the wait - meltingly tender spicy pork after a fresh salad with lots of imaginative ingredients (crunchy nuts and coconut included)

Visited July 2013
Whitehorse, Yukon Territory, Canada
“Disappointing”
Reviewed July 25, 2013

We were told that they were short staffed so might be slow but waiting over 1/2 hour to be offered drinks, have our order taken when there were 2 servers and only 5 other tables seemed very slow. Then over an hour wait without any communication from our server and a 10 minute spread in meal service we were hoping the food would make the wait worthwhile but it was lack-lustre. Cold rice, overcooked halibut and lukewarm, tough ribs. Our most positive interaction was with the server who was waiting on the other table. I was told we should have made a reservation but I won't be!

1 Thank Ellen J
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“A gem in Whitehorse”
Reviewed July 24, 2013

Absolutely delicious meal. I had the halibut with coconut mango curry - it was perfectly flavoured and cooked just right. I agree that service was a bit slow (the waiter was brand new), but we were a group enjoying conversation anyway so we didn't particularly notice. Honestly, it was such a pleasant experience overall and an unexpected treat to find in Whitehorse.

Whitehorse, Canada
“Not so great..”
Reviewed July 5, 2013

Went to Antoinette's for a farewell dinner. The place wasn't very busy (just our table and two other couples). I had previously looked online and decided what I had wanted but upon getting there I got a very cheap printed menu put into a Staples page protector which was then stapled.. for the prices I expected a bit fancier. Looking at this menu they only had 2 appetizers and 4 entrees. Nothing close to what is on the menu online... When I asked if I could order what I had seen online they told me no because they don't have enough staff to make all the dishes. Then after waiting almost an hour and a half to get our food it came out. It was good but took WAY too long and it was SOOOOO hot in there... We left right after the meal because it was way too hot.
After this experience I wouldn't go back unfortunately..

• Visited June 2013