“Niceness and so delicious”
Review of Antoinette's

Antoinette's
Ranked #3 of 109 Restaurants in Whitehorse
Cuisines: International
Dining options: Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: Our mission: "To teach our guests how to "LIME" through pure niceness and good food". As you walk through the doors of Antoinette's you are welcomed by one of the most architecturally eye pleasing locally built concrete bar. A perfect place to enjoy one of our featured Martini's. Out back enjoy (even when it rains) our beautiful covered deck - a little oasis in the heart of the downtown business district. Our cuisine is a mix of world foods with Caribbean influences and Vegetarian. We endeavour to use all the traditional, authentic ingredients necessary to hold true to these varied and interesting cultural recipes.
Calgary
“Niceness and so delicious”
Reviewed June 4, 2013

The halibut was amazing as were the ribs. Pricing was fair and the service was very good and friendly. Owner was gracious and dedicated to her great restaurant. Dined later (around 8 pm) so no waits. Will go again for sure!

• Visited June 2013

Calgary, Canada
“Great food and atmosphere”
Reviewed May 11, 2013

The food was very good and the staff very friendly. the only thing that kept this from being a 5 was the slow service. We wiated for just over an hour from the time we ordered until the food finally came. The place wasn't that busy but at least we were warned at the beginning that it would be slow. Overall except for the slow service an excellent night out!

Visited April 2013
Antoinette_H_12, Owner at Antoinette's, responded to this review, May 13, 2013
Hello Calgary,

I'm extremely happy that you liked the food and that the servers did a good job. I gotta tell you that I've been doing this since 2002 and my speed is somewhat better. But, obviously still not where you would like it.

But, you know what let's face it it's never going to be lickity split (is that how you spell that?) at Antoinette's. It's a place to "LIME". If you are with your friend take time to really enjoy them. If you are with your partner take the time to maybe bring up that one thing you wanted to talk about but couldn't...because at home you would fight about it. Here at least you know they won't scream and shout. Really in the whole sceem of life an hour to dine is not so bad. But, I'll keep trying.

I'm really glad you came by and I'm happy your taste buds were satisfied. Please say hello the next time you are in.

Whitehorse, Canada
“Delicious!”
Reviewed May 2, 2013

We went to Antoinette's for our monthly date night in April. Both of us never had been to this restaurant before and had heard amazing things about it. The waiter was a tad bit rude and seemed like he was in a rush (even though there was only two tables in there other than us). The menu's seemed a little cheap for the type of restaurant too.. they were just in page protectors stapled together.. for the cost of the food I expected it to be a little bit more fancy. Along with the table clothes which looked a little tattered on the ends.. Other than that the food was absolutely amazing! The curried lamb is mouthwatering and the cranberry coconut float was SOO YUMMY!

• Visited April 2013
Antoinette_H_12, Owner at Antoinette's, responded to this review, May 9, 2013
As always I am greatful that you took the time to give feedback. The rude server. You know I had to get use to him too. It's not that he is rude. He's European and their style of serving is very matter of fact. They don't like to linger too long at the table and with him he is not a small talk kind of person to begin with. But, very efficient.

It's funny 90% of the time people just love him and every once in awhile we get the comment that he is rude. Usually, it's from someone here at home. I think that I've figured out why. We are so friendly here. We talk to everyone and I guess we expect the same. He knows about these comments and is working on his smily face.

Cost, funny I've heard this cost thing before. We dine out enought and I have compared our prices to some of the other wonderful restaurants we are so fortunate to have here and we are usually a couple of dollars under theirs. So, I'm not sure how to address that one.

Cheap looking menus. I know, I know.....very ghetto. I've been meaning to change them and have been putting them off. But, now that you have shamed me....l0l....:) I will do something about it.

Table clothes, I was trying something....trying not to scare off the people that would be more casual by allowing a rustic look. But, guess it's not working. Thanks for being honest.

But, YAH!!! you liked the food....bottom line. Please say hello the next time you are in.

Edmonton, Canada
“Yummy, Great Atmosphere”
Reviewed April 14, 2013

I had a great dinner at Antoinette's. The menu is upscale and the atmosphere is very comfortable and relaxed. Great food, interesting menu and very friendly service.

Visited March 2013
Antoinette_H_12, Owner at Antoinette's, responded to this review, April 20, 2013
A "Sun Spot" that's what this review was for me. It never get's tiering hearing that we've done something right. Thank you for taking the time. Please say hello the next time you are in.

Melbourne, Australia
“Yum, but quite a wait”
Reviewed April 7, 2013

I had a great meal here - so delicious, ribs with winter baked vegies. The sauce was fantastic and the serving size generous. I really enjoyed it.

But it took ages to get to me - over forty five minutes. After half an hour I asked how long my food would be - the waiter said he would check but didn't get back to me. So I got up to leave - which prompted the offer of a free drink and apologies. They were lovely apologies and I stayed.

And I was glad. I understand that they are short-staffed at the moment, so hopefully when you go they will have a full team and you will be able to get your hands on the great food faster than I did.

• Visited March 2013
Antoinette_H_12, Owner at Antoinette's, responded to this review, April 9, 2013
Hi Australia,

Thank you for taking the time to give us some feedback. Without them we stop learning.

Yes! unfortunately at this time we are very short staff. So, this makes it even slower than usual. To be honest we are not the kind of place where you get served instantly anyway. See, at Antoinette's when you order Lamb that is exactly when it gets cooked. It can take some time. I'm really happy that you thought that it was worth the wait.

As for the server not getting back to you.....bad very bad. I will speak to him about that and will have him read your comment.

Anyway, thank you again for writting, good travels and safe trip home. Please say hi the next time you are here.