“Fantastic B&B!!”

Midnight Sun Inn Bed and Breakfast
Ranked #16 of 27 Whitehorse B&B and Inns
Reviewed October 6, 2009

I've stayed in several B&Bs across Canada in the past five years and Midnight Sun is the best. Farr and Del, the proprietors, are fantastic; treated as a long-awaited family member returning home from years of travel. You will not be disappointed with your stay. So recommended!

• Stayed: October 2009, traveled on business
1  Thank WBuffaloAlberta

Reviewed August 8, 2009

This is the cleanest place that I have ever stayed. The owners are friendly, gracious, and helpful. As it it is located in town, you can walk to most places. It is quiet. The bed is very comfortable. The breakfasts are delicious.

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled on business
Reviewed May 22, 2009

You know that your B&B stay will be slightly odd when you're asked by the owner to leave your shoes at the front entrance. But other than that, it was great. The room was standard, but you also had access to a lounge where you could prepare your own tea. I enjoyed it there.

• Stayed: June 2007, traveled solo
Reviewed April 1, 2009

The best thing about this B&B is the host and hostess. They are very friendly and take time to visit with their guests and help plan the day.

The second best thing is the location. Thirteen dollar cab fare from the airport. Easy walking distance to town yet it is in a quiet neighborhood.

The B&B is very tidy and well kept.

The host invited us to a celebration of the Iranian New Year which he was hosting. A very nice event which gave us a chance to meet a lot of locals. Spend some time in Whitehorse. We met lots of people and the people of Whitehorse are extraordinarily friendly and passionate about their city.

• Stayed: March 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 31, 2009

Del and Farr are the perfect hosts. They were always there when I needed them and yet they allowed me all the privacy I wanted. I stayed with them for almost a month while I began a new job and searched for housing. They were kind, attentive, spacious and helpful in every way. I loved the room I stayed in and enjoyed its comforts, from desk to rocking chair to cozy bed to space for yoga in the morning. I really appreciated the well-equipped kitchen, laundry room, and living room. This is an entirely private area just for guests which creates both personal space and a chance to meet other travellers. To top it all off, there are amazing mountain views out of every window! Midnight Sun is perfect all around!

• Stayed: March 2009, traveled on business
Reviewed March 25, 2009

I stayed in Whitehorse on a trip to Inuvik, NWT, Canada and I have to say Farshid and Del gave me very good impression of what being pampered is like! The fact that Farshid went the extra mile to treat me well is evident:
1) He let me borrow a warm parka and winter boot from his *personal* collection to go to Inuvik. I saved $150 not having to rent it from a local store.
2) He made sure there were snacks, filtered water and orange juice in the guest living room upstairs all the time.
3) He expressed a genuine interest in serving his guest well. He wasn't pushy at all, compared to the place I stayed at in Inuvik where the owner kept pushing me to upgrade my room, my tour, my dog mushing, my car rental and even wanting to add a snowmobile trip that I didn't even ask for!
4) They have wireless Internet that actually work, not like in the Inuvik place. Knowing that NorthwestTel charges them an arm and a leg every month, they are very generous to provide us with an internet connection.
5) Local calls and 1-800 numbers are complimentary. There is a phone in my room.
6) Coin operated Laundry machine are available inside a closet upstairs, in the living room.
I have to say this is one of the best B&B I have stayed in Canada, US, England and France combined! They really know how to treat guests well. No wonder they won some many awards!

• Stayed: February 2009, traveled solo
Reviewed March 11, 2009

Came to whitehorse on business. I am really glad we ended up staying at the Midnight Sun. Far and his wife Dell were very friendly and nice. Great breakfast continental if your up real early or full breakfast with omlette, toast, fruits etc. if you let them know what time you will be getting up. The house felt very clean and is about a 2 minute drive from superstore, extra foods, mcdonalds, kfc, boston pizza etc. The house was very well kept and felt very clean. My room and the room my co-workers stayed in were well kept and clean. There is internet access in the room (via high speed adsl) as well as in the guest living room upstairs near the coach you can plug in by the phone. There is no wireless access but this wasn't a problem just plugged the computer in. We hotel jumped first at the Westmark which was ok, then to the High Country Inn which had an ok lobby but my room and the rooms of my co-workers had a funny smell and just did not feel comfortable. The Midnight Sun was great, the living room and kitchen were great for hanging out with co-workers and making dinner but you also had your private room to have your own personal space. I posted some pictures below as well as some pictures of the rooms from the b&b's website. Far said it was ok to use the site pictures, and he gave a tour of all the rooms when we arrived and the rooms look like the pictures. This is the first review i have done hoping it will help out the B&B because the owners are really nice and i really enjoyed my stay

• Stayed: March 2009, traveled on business