“Like going home!”

Ranked #8 of 28 Whitehorse B&B and Inns
Peterborough, Canada
“Like going home!”
Reviewed February 28, 2013

My first stay with Del and Farr, but not my last. I have visited Whitehorse 3 times, stayed in different locations each time. I will return to Midnight Sun. The hospitality, value for a dollar, cleanliness of rooms as well as space! all make this a comfortable, relaxed location to stay in downtown. I was close to everything so did not even rent a car this trip. Del and Farr were very helpful with suggestions for activities, meals etc. The breakfast was wholesome, plentiful, and homemade. Coffee excellent. The use of a guest area which provides full kitchen, laundry facilities, flat screen tv, internet access..and comfortable furniture makes this place a great find for a longer stay. I was a week, as are most of my stays at least a week.
I have travelled and stayed in B&B's all over the world...Midnight Sun would stack up or exceed any accomodation I have had.
Will be back for sure. Elaine

Room Tip: All rooms, from my view, were good.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (39)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Reviewed January 29, 2013

"Welcome Home!" Those are my favorite words as I walk into the Midnight Sun B&B. I have stayed at this lovely B&B approximately 10 times in the past 6 years. Far and Del are always so lovely and gracious and I truly feel like I'm coming home when they greet me at the door and welcome me into their fine home.

The B&B itself is well-appointed; the rooms are spacious with a great desk to work at; there's a cable TV but I can honestly say I've never turned it on; internet access is free and easy; the entire home is meticulously clean; the generous breakfast is delicious; the upstairs guest kitchen and sitting area are perfect for longer stays and for congregating with other guests or fellow workmates. With the guest kitchen, I love being able to make myself tea or hot chocolate in the evening. I have even cooked my own dinner in the kitchen and warmed up leftovers from the night before. A special treat for all guests is the tasty dessert on the kitchen table every evening, courtesy of Del.

Whenever I come to Whitehorse, the Midnight Sun is my first (and only) choice of places to stay. Today, I booked my return stay for April, just to ensure that I will have a room at my favorite B&B.

As discussed today with one of my workmates, Far and Del are special people and for all our lives, we will remember them and their truly lovely manner and caring nature. It will be a sad day when work no longer brings us to the Midnight Sun B&B.

Room Tip: The Egyptian Room is great for a couple with one child, or for two colleagues sharing a room. The Vi...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank suzannej49
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
Reviewed January 23, 2013

I'm a world traveller who has seen my share of top rate hotels, hostels and bed & breakfast inns. Del and Far's Midnight Sun B & B was a truly welcoming treasure. The breakfast was great, the rooms were very clean, and Del and Far were most helpful with suggestions and tips for enjoying their great town of Whitehorse.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Karin S
Kelowna, Canada
Reviewed January 23, 2013

I wish every city I travel to would have a place like this! The B&B is immaculately clean and close to downtown in this absolutely beautiful city, territory. The owners are so friendly and treat me like family, which is great when you have to travel from home on business. They are always so helpful if I have questions for work, or evening down time. I have travelled and stayed here many times but this is the first time in mid winter, and wow how comfortable! You can tell thier place from most others as the snow is cleared as if summer. This is a place to be copied.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Doug L
Calgary, Canada
Reviewed January 22, 2013

I stayed at both the vacation rental run by the Midnight Sun B&B and the B&B itself. The units and rooms are very clean and for the entire two weeks that I stayed, Farr and Del were always available if anything was needed. They always gave us great advice regarding which restaurants to eat at or which locations to visit around Whitehorse. Their bed and breakfast has won over 10 awards including the best breakfast in Canada and the most hospitality. There is a dining area for all the guests so that people can mingle and share their experiences. Each room has its own theme, private bath and is soundproof.

The rentals are fully furnished and the downtown location is great. Cooking supplies are also available so it is easy to cook your own meals if you prefer to not eat out. The price of renting out the whole unit is much cheaper than paying nightly for multiple rooms at a hotel. I believe it is much more comfortable than a hotel as you get your own kitchen, living room, bed rooms, and laundry facility. If you cannot find Farr or Del, try taking a look outside one of the properties as they enjoy tending to the garden or improving the yard in some way. The internet has good speed, however, it was mentioned to us that the usage limit provided in Whitehorse is very low compared to other places in Canada. So checking your email, doing office work, going on Facebook and other activities of that nature are fine, but downloading movies or large program files should be avoided. If this is necessary then you may be charged a bit more for your stay.

I highly recommend the Midnight Sun B&B or vacation rentals to anyone who plans to come to Whitehorse!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Tim S
Prince Albert, Saskatchewan, Canada
Reviewed January 1, 2013

From the time we exited the bus after a 36 hour journey from Prince Albert, Saskatchewan I felt we were constantly under surveilance from this man, he made it clear not to use too much water and we would have to purchase our own toilet paper and such, I was taken aback at his comments and the fact that the reservation was mixed up and he said we would have to pay more for the extra person..............No Problem.
His behaviour was inexcusable and as a person that uses vacation rentals when we have meetings I found the house was in excellent shape but the deck had nails coming out of the decking boards which I feel is a hazard and the owner was constantly in the yard or at the door or had an excuse to come onto the property, I realize that this is his property and he has every right to inspect the grounds and house but I felt it was excessive especially when he mentions to me the amount of internet that was being used.
I sat down with these owners and have voiced my opinion to them and from my experience this vacation home is not one that I would recommend.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
2 Thank George S
Reviewed November 15, 2012 via mobile

Definitely one of the best places where I had stayed, the people is really welcoming, and makes you feel like you are at home. Our room was really clean, and tidy, the kitchen has everything you need to make a great meal, and the location is just perfect. Attended by the very owners, they make you feel at home, really good advices for places to visit, things to d, and best place for example, to rent a car.

Stayed November 2012