I just recently stayed at the Coast High Country in Whitehorse, Yukon. The hotel is quite accessible, there is an accessible parking spot near the entrance. And I think the main entry doors are automatic in the summer, but in the winter, it was quite heavy to open. There is a restaurant and bar on site. There is a great accessible guest room at this hotel. The room is very large and there is lots of manoeuvring space. The washroom is huge, and there is a wheel-in shower that is well designed, as you can reach all of the controls and shower head from the bench - you wouldn't think this would have to be a big deal.... but it is.
The staff are great, the hotel is clean, the food at the restaurants are decent, and its possible to walk to the downtown core in about 10 minutes.... it was winter and I wheeled the trip a few times... so couldn't have been that far.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Make the High Country Inn the centre of your Yukon adventure. Recent renovations including over $1 million spent on updated guest rooms, kitchen, parking and fitness facilities make the High Country the first choice for visitors to the Yukon. Complimentary wireless internet, two restaurants, and a quiet yet convenient location ensure that you have all the comforts of home. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline, Orbitz, Travelocity, Hotwire, Hotels.com, Expedia, getaroom.com, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, HotelQuickly and Evoline ltd so you can book your Coast High Country Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- High Country Hotel Whitehorse
- Country Inn Whitehorse
- Whitehorse Country Inn
- Coast High Country Inn Whitehorse, Yukon, Canada