“Air conditioning. An iron. Give them a try.”

Coast High Country Inn
Ranked #2 of 14 Hotels in Whitehorse
Vancouver, Canada
“Air conditioning. An iron. Give them a try.”
Reviewed July 2, 2013

Business visit. I booked a room plus a conference room. Both were incredibly hot. There is no air-con at this hotel. The conference room was low-ceilinged, hot, and the tablecloths weren't ironed, had not even been folded - they had been rolled in a ball out of the dryer. They were too short for the tables and no skirting for the tables either. No water jugs on the tables - water cooler and plastic cups in the corner. It was super-hot and looked like crap and it was $150 for 2 hours. Not going back.

Room Tip: No air-con in the rooms, and it was about 30 degrees. Two small windows, only one of which opened. I...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank TheresaYVR

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (94)
Youngstown, Ohio, United States
Reviewed June 15, 2013

This hotel is not an 5 star hotel, but I would not expect that in a place like Whitehorse. It was comfortable and charming in its own way. I would recommend it.

I was on a tour of 42 people. When we arrived they had all the rooms ready and got our luggage to our rooms promptly. The staff was very nice and helpful. We ate at the attached restaurant that night (actually in the bar area) and it was good food. They have a local brewery there and I strongly recommend the beer. It was excellent. It is an easy walk to the riverfront which we really enjoyed. I was with an older lady and the walk to downtown was kind of far for her. It was at least 15 minutes. But, there is a Starbucks. That is a plus for me.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
Juneau, Alaska
Reviewed June 5, 2013

Got into white horse about 1100 am-tried to check in(was told it would be ok when I booked the room) I was told to come back in two hours which I did. Still I could not check in-room not ready. I finally got checked in after 5pm. All the other people got to check in early. I did not get the group rate and the price given to me when I left. The room was so hot(even with the heat off). I had a fan on and would have to open a window which then the room would get cold. Then I would close the window-would get hot. I would leave the curtains closed and the fan on when I left the room only to come back with the fan off and the curtains wide open. It was a sauna.

• Stayed May 2013
Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
Reviewed May 29, 2013

you wont go wrong staying at this hotel. friendly and helpful staff. good food. great bar to meet up with locals. good location with a 10 min walk to the downtown action. overall a wonderful hotel to enjoy all that this Yukon city and surrounding area has to offer

Room Tip: upgrade yourself from a standard room
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
Sterling, Alaska
Reviewed May 28, 2013

We always look forward to stopping here on our way up and down the Alaskan Highway. The staff are always so friendly and helpful. Nicole and Jules helped us this year and I have to continue to say, I have never been better treated by front desk staff. Our room was spacious, very nicely appointed, and very comfortable. The hotel welcomes our senior citizen dog which is important to us as we have traveled with her all of her 16 years. The big Royal Canadian Mountie outside the front entry is a welcomed sight to these tired travelers, and a wonderful photo opportunity for many. Try this hotel..I think you will like it!

Room Tip: Just tell the staff what your needs/preferences are..I think they will do everything in their power...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Vancouver, BC
Reviewed May 17, 2013

My title sums it up, but here are some more lowlights:
long hairs on my bed (I'm a short haired male)
dirty shower curtain with noticeable dirt hand prints at eye level
only soap in the entire room was shower gel in the wall dispenser in the shower
no desk for working on
toilet bowl was dirty
noise from the bar below (I was in room 403) was BAD!
Pub "The Deck" had good food.

WAY overpriced based on other options. They told me that our Coast corporate rate didn't apply to this location... Seriously?

Room Tip: NOT over the bar!
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank Martini_Man_Van
Vancouver, Canada
Reviewed May 8, 2013

Have stayed in a few in Whitehorse and this seems to be the cleanest and quietest. The do have great breakfasts .... Nice and clean restaurants. Central location. Very friendly staff. Rooms have been updated since my last stay.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business