Aurora Borealis & Northern Lights Tours Yukon
More attraction details
Owner description: Welcome to Northern Tales Travel Services, your one-stop shopping spot for your Fall & Winter & Spring Northern Lights Adventure in the Yukon! Enjoy an aurora borealis viewing package with optional winter activities such as dog mushing, snowmobiling, snowshoeing, ice fishing, sightseeing flights and special events. Ask about custom, individual and private trips.
Reviewed September 3, 2012

Professional friendly staff made my first time experiencing the Northern Lights all that more special. I was picked up and dropped off at my Whitehorse hotel by my ultra pleasant guide who made me feel at ease the moment I met her. We were treated to hot drinks and marshmellows in a quaint little log cabin and were assisted with setting up our cameras to get that perfect shot. Can not speak highly enough about this company and my experience. Special thanks also to Torsen for his last minute assistance in getting me onto this tour at the last minute.

4  Thank Melanie B
in 5 reviews
"mother nature"
in 7 reviews

Reviewed April 21, 2012

Besides our four nights at the viewing sight/cabin, where we actually got to see the aurora four time (1 magnificent, 1 good, 1 acceptable and 1 too cloudy), we had the "City Tour" and did one of the day trips. Everybody was extremely helpful and it was clear they wanted us to have a good time -- which we did. I give them 5 stars and 2 thumbs up. I hope to go back again!

6  Thank David S
Reviewed April 11, 2012

This was our second visit to the Yukon & our second time booking with Northern Tales. Once again, we were not disappointed. Our 4 days in there just flew by. We had booked two different day tours in advance: a 30-minute Sightseeing Flying Excursion over Whitehorse & a tour to the Yukon Wildlife Reserve followed by a visit to Takhini Hot Springs. Both were very worthwhile and enjoyable. Of course, we also had the pleasure of participating in three consecutive nights of aurora viewing as well. We were fortunate enough to see the spectacular beauty of a star-filled sky accompanied by the gorgeous green & purple hues of the Northern Lights on two separate occasions. A perfect birthday present! Many thanks to Sebastian & all the staff at Northern Tales for their superb customer service. We have visited Whitehorse now in both the late summer & at winter's end and I can honestly say we would return there again in a heartbeat. Next on the list: dog-sledding or perhaps, hiking the Chilkoot Trail!

4  Thank pdelwel
Reviewed April 5, 2012

I have always been fascinated by light and color. The Yukon was an amazing experience and the combination of the tour on days one and four and then the two days at the cabin with Wolfgang and Renate was amazing. Sebastian, Torston and the staff were so helpful, concerned, positive and caring. I really liked the flexibility of the programming and the desire to do whatever possible to facilitate our seeing an aurora. I learned a lot about cameras and have spend many hours on U-Tube watching beautiful film, movies, and seeing the marvels of nature. The accommodations were quite nice and Whitehorse has a lot of character. Thank you so much for all you did. I small tip, 867 is not toll free from the US. Hope to someday return. Andy Alexander

5  Thank ann a
See more reviews
Reviewed March 31, 2012

My wife and i went on the "Aurora Borealis from a Cozy Cabin" trip, which we booked through the Northern Tales company. The company, and associated group who we dealt with for our cabin stay were all very helpful.
Even though we went in the off season, the trip was great, and very much enjoyed.

Our 'cozy cabin' was exactly that. We stayed in one of the larger cabins near where the main lodge was being constructed. The other smaller cabins also looked comfortable from the outside (we were the only ones there at the time), and we'd think that each cabin was far enough away from the next to ensure privacy.

There was no electricity in the cabin, and lighting was by propane gas (fixed lamps), in addition to a number of torches, portable lamps, candles, etc. The cabin was cozy, and what you would expect from accommodation in such a location. Bed was a bit small, but i'm 6'6, so that's not a new thing. The log stove in the middle of the cabin kept things well warm enough. Fresh water is provided in containers, and there was plenty for our needs.

A common washroom was about 30m away, and a generator you turn on provides electricity for lighting in the block and powering of the pumps etc for the showers and flush toilets. Bit chilly hopping out of a steaming hot shower, donning some slippers and making our way back to the cabin, but all part of the experience.

We extended our stay for a day, caught sushine one day, overcast the next, and snow the last. The lake was in the process of starting to freeze over that time of the year. There were plenty of places to walk around, and places to just stop, and take in a bit of nature. It was ideal for what we were looking for - a remote place, only ourselves to keep company, and a vast landscape to explore as much, or as little as we wanted.

In summary, a very enjoyable trip, and very helpful people. Cabin was great and perfect for what we wanted.

Thank you for the great trip and memories.

2  Thank Aust12345