I had driven 13 hours, got in about midnight, was fatigued and ready to sleep. I was so glad these folks take dogs no problem. I hadn't expected to bring my dog, but dog-sitter plans fell through. Thankfully, here I could go let my Siberian Husky out between conference sessions, taking place in the same building.
Trying to settle down to sleep, I heard a lot of commotion from where I thought was next to me. It was clearly a lot of sex. I thought, hey, give them a half-hour or so...It didn't quiet down. I called the desk and they said they'd have someone come ask the folks next door to be quieter. We did this three different times til 3 a.m. (some stamina!). Then I went to the front desk and asked to change rooms. After I redressed and left my room, I could hear that the noise wasn't next to me, and the front desk confirmed that--each time I called and they came to investigate, it sounded "quiet" to them in my hallway. We figured out it must be a room upstairs from me. But they cheerfully moved me to another room, which was fine. It was nicely appointed, also. I didn't use the restroom in the new room that night-- I had in the first room, and in this room I went straight to bed.
In the morning, though, I noticed that there were hairs in 3 separate places in the bathroom: on the tub, on the sink edge (right there in plain site) and on the floor. Everything else seemed fine, even nicely done, so this seemed a bit odd. The rest of my stay was peaceful and nice. The restaurant is so-so and so expensive, but obviously the YT is a very expensive place to serve fancy foods.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in the heart of downtown, within blocks of area restaurants, night-spots, shopping and government offices, the Westmark Whitehorse Hotel & Conference Center is the Yukon's premier hotel and conference center. Recently renovated, the Westmark Whitehorse offers 180 first-class guest rooms and suites, conference facilities and professional special event catering. The Westmark Whitehorse is the largest hotel in Yukon and features over 7000 square feet of meeting space. The Steele Street Restaurant & Lounge serves up a fabulous menu and offers daily lunch and dinner specials. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Orbitz, Cheap Tickets, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Travelocity, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, HotelsforEveryone, Priceline, Hotel.de and HotelQuickly so you can book your Westmark Whitehorse Hotel and Conference Center reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Westmark Whitehorse Hotel Whitehorse
- Westmark Hotel Whitehorse
- Hotel Whitehorse
- Westmark Whitehorse Hotel And Conference Center Yukon, Canada