I stayed 3 nights in June. The location of the hotel is in downtown Whitehorse, within a few blocks walk of shopping, restaurants, the Frantic Follies show, the railroad station, movie theatre, and churches. There is a free guest parking lot to one side of the building. There is a free airport shuttle The hotel lobby has a waiting area, lots of travel brochures, and an entryway to the Gold Pan Saloon. The main elevator in the lobby is painfully slow.
I noticed that several tour bus groups were booked here during my stay.
My room, on the 3rd floor, faced the street. It's busy at night with 2 bars on either side of the hotel. I would recommend requesting a back-of-hotel room (which I did but none were available) or bringing ear plugs. If you don't like earplugs or have never tried them, you'll need them. The rooms facing the street can be near flags that fly over the hotel entrance and can be noisy in the wind. My room had a fridge and microwave. It was a very clean room and the washroom facilities worked fine. The bed was comfortable, and with my earplugs I slept like a log. The free wi-fi can be incredibly slow, and at other times very fast. There was no air conditioning unit in the room. My stay here was cool enough not to need A/C, but for hotter temps, I noticed a fan in the closet.
The Gold Pan Saloon offers local brews and a full bar. Live music played during some evenings. One evening it was a local trio of a guitarist, keyboard, and flute. The menu was typical pub grub and food is served for breakfast, lunch & dinner. I found the barkeeps and wait staff to be pleasant. Many locals frequent this saloon too.
I don't think it's worth the price paid, but this is the Yukon. Everything is very expensive. Based on this experience, I would stay here again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Best Western Gold Rush Inn is the premier family and business-oriented hotel in Whitehorse. Having undergone extensive renovations to the cost of several million dollars, the rooms are spacious and modern. All rooms include wireless high-speed internet, microwave, mini-fridge, flat screen television, and more. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Booking.com, Priceline, Best Western and Travelocity so you can book your BEST WESTERN Gold Rush Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Best Western Gold Rush Hotel Whitehorse
- Best Western Whitehorse
- Whitehorse Best Western
- BEST WESTERN Gold Rush Inn Whitehorse, Yukon, Canada