Cons: no way of cooling the room besides a small window and fan, and it was oppressively hot during the day. There was a restraint exhaust right next to my window, which meant I had to choose between the unpleasant heat and the overwhelming smell of grease. The shower swung wildly between hit and cold every few minutes, meaning you had to stand half in and out to use it.
The wifi was so slow I couldn't load images or videos, and continually disconnected so backing up my apple devices was impossible. The room came with a microwave, but no cutlery or crockery. One of the two elevators was extremely dodgy, once it jerked so violently I was thrown from my feet. It I had been elderly, I can easily imagine a broken hip.
Pros: the bathroom was nicely furnished, and the beds were very comfortable. The staff were helpful, I bought a watermelon without thinking and they sent it to the kitchen to be cut up for me. The location is excellent in proximity to businesses and a supermarket. They had plenty of washers and dryers for guests to use. Ample parking nearby.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Best Western Gold Rush Inn is the premier family and business-oriented hotel in Whitehorse. Having undergone extensive renovations to the cost of several million dollars, the rooms are spacious and modern. All rooms include wireless high-speed internet, microwave, mini-fridge, flat screen television, and more. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Booking.com, Priceline, Best Western, Hotwire, Evoline ltd, Orbitz, HotelsforEveryone, Cancelon, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your Best Western Gold Rush Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Best Western Gold Rush Hotel Whitehorse
- Best Western Whitehorse
- Whitehorse Best Western
- Best Western Gold Rush Inn Whitehorse, Yukon, Canada