Best Western Gold Rush Inn
$92
Edgewater Hotel(Whitehorse)
No availability for your dates from our partners
No availability for your dates from our partners
All reviewsgold pantop floormain streetfront desk staffcentral locationrestaurant barin towndowntown whitehorseair conditioningrooms are cleannice staynorthern taleswould stay here againfridge and microwavecoffee makerenjoyed my staybed was very comfortable
Reviewed May 11, 2013

I stayed fro business for 7 night and it was a mixed bag. First the good...The rooms were very clean. The bed was comfortable and the hotel was centrally located. The bar in the hotel was also enjoyable. Unfortunately there were a couple of downsides that took away from the experience. Even though the hotel was renovated it was still a very old hotel and as such it was a wooden structure which included the floors. Since I was on a lower floor when someone walked above me the whole floor creaked and groaned. Which is fine when your not tring to sleep but when the people above you are up all night the floor noise was so loud I couldn't get to sleep. The other disappointment was that the slow internet. As I was there on business any time I tried to connect it seemed like forever before you could and then it would log you off and the whole process would start over again. If not for the noise from the rooms above the stay would have been very good.

Room Tip: If you are going to stay here get a room on the top floor in order to avoid the creaky floorboards.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed May 8, 2013

Stayed here for 3 nights and my room was very nice. Great comfortable bed and decent furniture in the room.

Only complaint is that the Internet can be very slow at times and you have to constantly re-login to the access page whenever you leave and come back.

Would still recommend this place to anyone that is travelling to Whitehorse.

Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed April 22, 2013

We stayed here for 2 nights. The rooms are very clean and modern. It is centrally located in downtown. Staff is friendly. The amenities are decent and the food in the restaurant downstairs is delicious.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 21, 2013

Stayed here for 4 nights. Rooms had 2 queen beds which was a pleasant surprise. Rooms are a great size, comfy beds, and a bar fridge which is a nice bonus. Some of the front desk staff are great, others are a tad average. Very short walk to shops and restaurants.

Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 14, 2013

I stayed at the Gold Rush Inn for four nights and was pleased with the accommodation. The Gold Rush Inn is filled with character, charm and personality. But, if you are wishing for luxurious appointments, seek elsewhere. I admire the Best Western for keeping the original character of the hotel as it made me feel like I was stepping back in time during the gold rush days. The floors creaked with every step, inside and outside of the room. The old and charming elevator was slow and created great opportunities to visit with other patrons. The thin walls made everyone as quiet as can be. Even the front desk had the original mail boxes etc and the front desk staff were great. The character of this hotel was fantastic!

Not only was the character fantastic, but also the location. It is in the middle of downtown Whitehorse one block away from the unique shops downtown Whitehorse has to offer. I was able to get everything that I needed within a five minute walk from the hotel. There are also really nice restaurants within a few blocks in all directions, creating the perfect opportunity to have a really nice dinner with a bottle of wine and having a pleasant and safe walk back .... no need to drive.

The rooms need to be updated. The carpet was old and I wore my flip flops all the time. However, the bed was unbelievable!!! I had the best sleeps. Most importantly though, the room was extremely clean, which made me look past the need for renovations.

Parking was easy, free and I had no problems navigating my way around the area.

I would be happy to return to Whitehorse and the Gold Rush Inn.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business