We stayed in Gold Rush Inn for 5 nights. The hotel is an old building which is charming of course. However the most problematic part for us was the strong smell of sewage coming from the bathtub and sink. It made the bathroom, and parts of the room smell like an outhouse.
Also the floors are very squeaky so our sleep was constantly interrupted by our neighbours on the top floor walking in the middle of the night. That was hard since we had not many hours to rest to begin with because of the aurora watching tour.
The location of the hotel is good, close to many restaurants in the city, also the beds are very comfy and clean sheets, however as far as the smell is concerned, it is a big turn off, so next time we won't stay here.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Best Western Gold Rush Inn is the premier family and business-oriented hotel in Whitehorse. Having undergone extensive renovations to the cost of several million dollars, the rooms are spacious and modern. All rooms include wireless high-speed internet, microwave, mini-fridge, flat screen television, and more. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Travelocity, Expedia, Hotwire, Priceline, Best Western, Orbitz, Evoline ltd, Booking.com, Cancelon, HotelsforEveryone, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your Best Western Gold Rush Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Best Western Gold Rush Hotel Whitehorse
- Best Western Whitehorse
- Whitehorse Best Western
- Best Western Gold Rush Inn Whitehorse, Yukon, Canada