“My Favourite retreat in the world”
Review of Little Atlin Lodge

Little Atlin Lodge
GreenLeadersBronze level
British Columbia
“My Favourite retreat in the world”
Reviewed April 13, 2009

I have been guiding canoe trips in the Yukon for over 25 years. Every year, I would look for a place to go for a few days to rest between trips.It has been the only vacation I get all year. Last year, I found Little Atlin Lodge. Now, after 25 years of looking, I have found my favourite place to relax. If I could anywhere in the world for a vacation, it would be the Yukon. I now have my favourite Yukon home....Little Atlin Lodge. There is beautiful scenery, a great lake that is a few yards away, and unbeleivable food. It is the perfect place to hide from the world and its problems. Andri, Rahel, and Lukas are the perfect hosts. Rahel makes the best jam and bread available anywhere. Her different breads and jams were just about the only thing I ate while there. I was truly amazed at the lodges. They were extremely cozy and friendly. I have never been in a cabin that was so clean and comfortable. I cannot honestly explain how much I enjoyed my stay at Little Atlin. Now, I am planning my trips so that I have an extra 4 or 5 days to spend at the Lodge. I cannot wait until my next visit. I found a great place, excellent food, new friends, serenity, and the getaway of a lifetime. I look forward to seeing you all again my friends.

• Stayed August 2008, traveled solo
2 Thank CanoeGuide

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Toronto, Ontario
Reviewed April 7, 2009

My fiancee and I were discussing where we wanted a honeymoon. At once we said Yukon! I went online to find accommodations; something romantic, in the country and scenic without being too rustic (i.e. hot running shower a must!). I found the Little Atlin Lodge on the web and easially booked three nights. When we arrived, our 'little place in the woods with no electricity' was a beautiful two floor chalet with propane power for lights, fridge and hot water. Immaculately clean and comfortable inside, with a BBQ and a fire pit outside. We hiked up White Mountain and were denied Andri and Rachel's offer to take us to a canoeing spot only because of the weather. Everyone was wonderfully friendly and accommodating and we are anxious to go back.

• Stayed August 2008, traveled as a couple