“Will definately be back!”

Historical Guest House
Historical Guest House
Ranked #4 of 27 Whitehorse B&B and Inns
Reviewed June 18, 2011

Great accomodation, great hosts, great location. Bernie and Pam are wonderful hosts, making sure to accomodate your breakfast preferences. Great garden gathering place for guests to recount their day. Will definately be back! Susan & Gord

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank Macerwin

Reviewed June 7, 2011

Due to a long week of work, I was a pain as a guest, but Bernie and Pam were very accommodating, polite and helpful while I stayed.
Lovely atmosphere, garden and great location.
They also attract wonderful mature guests to chat with.
Kitchen is functional and they take great pride in recycling.
However, not ideal if you are in Whitehorse for work and have allergies.

Stayed: May 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank pamelairene
Reviewed April 17, 2011

Last year I spent my stay in Whitehorse for nearly two weeks in Pam and Bernies B&B.
It's a historical old lodging with a wonderful special charme.
The house is clean and cozy, with a comfortable arranged kitchen and close to the city.
The backyard is a beauty spot and usable by the guests too.
Pam and Bernie are cooperatively renter. They could help me everytime with every question and with a lot of good informations.
I felt recieved and was in good hands.
It's a good place to make oneself at home, so I'm happy to come back this year.
Karin

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled solo
Reviewed April 11, 2011

My husband found this place and I was a little skeptical, but it turned out to be a great place to stay, with very friendly hosts and a great back yard to hang out in. We rented the whole downstairs, which is more like a studio apartment than a bedroom. The kitchen was well stocked and the location within walking distance to downtown was unbeatable. Bernie even let us take his dogs for a walk (we were missing our dogs from home) and we hiked all over. This place is not fancy (if you're looking for fancy and luxurious, look elsewhere), but it is charming, comfortable, clean and full of friendly humans and canines to make you laugh and smile. We loved it.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 10, 2011

I was bringing someone to Whitehorse for the first time and I wanted his stay to be a positive one. I researched all the B&Bs for location, value, style. I went and looked at them online. I met with the owners of this B&B and toured the house---and was much impressed. It was important to me that he had a good first impression of Whitehorse and his stay here. I needed something close to downtown, but also nice. Something with character and charm.

We stayed there for three nights, four days over Rendezvous and had the downstairs suite. The suite has been recently renovated and is fantastic! Open concept so you can do everything together. Huge kitchen where you can make your own meals, and that alone will save you a bit in Whitehorse (though there are some great restaurants and plenty of cozy coffeeshops). Comes with breakfast food, dishes, pots and pans, silverware, bedding. Two big beds side by side. The house itself is historic--built for Sam McGee, of the "Cremation of Sam McGee" fame. (There have been stories of a pretty benign ghost that lives there---but we didn't experience it--unless the coffeepot running over once was the ghost!)

The owners are friendly and let you have the run of the place. They live next door and come over if you need something. Two bedrooms upstairs, decorated in an antique style, with bathrooms downstairs; a big living room, TV, and kitchen. Since we stayed in the suite downstairs (which I personally recommend) we had our own space---tv with cable, beds, bathroom, all in one giant room.

Historic B&B is the best located of its kind, only two blocks from Main Street and all the shops, lots of restaurants, and walking tours of the city. You can also walk from there to the beautiful Clay cliffs a few blocks behind it to find trails and a great staircase that leads up the side of the cliff! We loved its convenience to downtown especially, walked everywhere, even in February. We also loved the way the owners made us feel as if this were our house. Everything was clean and well stocked. Would love to see it in the summer when their garden is full! Thanks Bernie and Pam!! You made our stay perfect!

Room Tip: Go for the downstairs suite for the most privacy!
  • Stayed: February 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 10, 2011

I stayed at the historical B & B with my family and I have to say that it was one of the most authentic and comfortable B & B experiences I have ever had. The house oozes history, with many books, maps, and pictures of the north on walls and shelves, and the hosts are friendly and generous and give you that skip to get out the door and experience the special place that is Whitehorse.The rooms are spacious and clean and give you the comfort and privacy that all travelers seek while on a long journey. There is a wonderful wood burning stove in the main room (which the hosts stock with wood every day) and there are full kitchens that you can easily cook all your meals in. It is also a green operation with recycling and composting options in the kitchen area. I would highly recommend the Historical B & B for a safe haven on your travels.

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed August 30, 2010

Stayed three nights in August. The hosts are very friendly and helpful, but they live in the house at the back. the main house where guests stay is 'rustic' in a nice kind of way, but has not seen a good clean and tidy for quite a while. The bedding was very old, and I detected some old stains on the sheets. The self service breakfast is not good, and things run out quickly and were not replaced. the kitchen is big and it is useful to make oneself lunch or dinner, as eating out is expensive. The Lonely Planet Guide says that the rooms are en suite, but they are not, there are two bathrooms downstairs and two bedrooms upstairs. There is a comfortable lounge with TV, and free Wifi. We thought it was expensive for the comfort offered, and would not stay there again.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled as a couple