“Just Fair”

Tokyo Sushi
Ranked #30 of 111 Restaurants in Whitehorse
Cuisines: Sushi
Reviewed June 27, 2010

I dined here for lunch and found the sushi to be just fair to not-so-great. The rice seemed a day old and most of the maki rolls fell apart before I could get them on my chopsticks. There's no real atmosphere of any kind. Service was very friendly and attentive.

1  Thank AdventureLass

Reviewed October 2, 2009

We didn't have the sushi, so can't comment on that, but everything we had was amazing. The gyozas were perfectly done, not too greasy, my partner's Yakisoba had a much more complex taste than ones we've tried before - more flavour and not so much a mush of noodles as you often get. Delicious. And the pork tonkatsu was the best either of us have ever had, in years of eating in Vancouver and elsewhere. They brought a small mortar and pestle with the entree and sauce, and explained that we were to grind the sesame seeds and other ingredients, and mix them into the dipping sauce. It was heavenly! We were so impressed to find this on our first night in Whitehorse. Highly recommended. Nice and clean and good service too.

Reviewed May 1, 2009

This is a very nicely decorated place! It's nice and bright. The service is great and everyone is friendly. However, everything BUT the sushi is good, and I've eaten here several times. The rolls always fall apart and seem to be made sloppily.. They don't seem as fresh as the other restaurants. (I'm a sushi fanatic) The soups are very good and I really enjoy the noodle dishes and appetizers. The food is presented great, but it's a little pricy.

This is a great place, nice atmosphere and service, but if you're looking for sushi I would not recommend it.

A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
Reviewed November 3, 2008

Really good food, I love it!!

Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
Reviewed October 1, 2008

This restaurant is terrific. The service was superb and the food was excellent.