“Dont do it !!!!!”

Ranked #13 of 15 Hotels in Swift Current
manitoba
“Dont do it !!!!!”
Reviewed August 5, 2009

We got to the room, terrible odor coming from the room but we were tired and desprite for a place to sleep on our way home . All the other hotels were booked cause there was 7 weddings goin on that weekend. My son looked in the cupboard under the sink and found 1/2 can of beer, 2 bars of soap and a RAT trap..thankfully there was nothing in the trap. Beds were hard . Never ever again ..we would have slept in the van but there was 4 of us . We got up at 6 am and headed out of there.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Granby
Reviewed September 24, 2008

We arrive at 10 pm at the Rainbow Motel because all hotels were full. The room cost just 70$ for the night, but when we get in I was really disappointed. A bad odor was planning in the room. I go right in the bathroom to check if it was clean. Unfortunately, a lot of air was in the tub, on the toilet and in the bed! I check the tub and it was not clean. I verified under the sink and i saw bugs. I went to see the owner and he gives me another room in a new section. It was ok, but there were many things missing. Beds were too cheap...

• Liked — Nothing
  • Disliked — Beds
  • Stayed September 2008, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)

Travelers are raving about these Swift Current hotels

Calgary, Canada
Reviewed January 16, 2008

Swift Current motel scene on Hwy 1:

There are a lot of hotels/motels in Swift Current, Saskatchewan on Highway #1 (TransCanada Highway). After a long drive through the night we pulled up to the Rainbow Motel at about 4am after we had enough with the snow storm and weather on the highway. We needed a budget place to stay (with no frills) for a few hours to rest and get out of the cold. We rang the door bell to the office and it was quickly answered by an asian attendant (owner) who welcomed us. The rate was about $47 which really you can't complain about these days. They had a two level building which seemed to have been recently renovated for about $5 - $10 more. We opted for the cheaper rooms.

Room:
We pulled up to the parking stall right in front of our room. For $47, I wasn't expecting much. Room was small and tired but tidy and clean. Everything seemed to have been dusted and sheets were clean as well. There was a little water damage in the bathroom but everything worked properly. Room contained a colour TV with remote which worked. I thought the door to outside was a little wimpy but it nonetheless closed and locked, a little drafty. There was a old large furnace in the room (in one of the walls near the bed) which pumped out the heat very well once we turned on the thermostat. The only problem was that it made quite a bit of noise throughout the night and blew heat right on the bed. This was a little annoying. You could also see the gas flame which created some light when we were trying to sleep.

The Motel had a coin laundry. The free internet was actually a single computer in the office which could be used by guests. I saw the office guy on it when I checked out, however, so you might have to share it with him. Some restaurants, fast food, gas stations, and a 7-11 is located near by on the same service road that runs parralel to the highway.

Good place to stay:
All in all, I was happy for this warm and clean place to spend the night and wait out the storm right by the highway. Service was prompt, even at 4am, which is a rarity sometimes at roadside motels. It's no big destination hotel but definetely met our needs without spending a lot. I would I stay here again if I found myself travelling through rural Saskatchewan again near Swift Current.

• Liked — Proximity to Highway, price, answered door bell at 4am.
  • Disliked — Noisy furnace in close proximity to bed.
  • Stayed December 2007, traveled as a couple