New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

Ranked #12 of 15 Hotels in Swift Current
Brandon, Manitoba, Canada
“OK but needs some TLC”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 7, 2013

We arrived late after a hard day's drive through the Rockies and were just looking for a place to sleep for the night. The room was reasonably clean and neat. There was a fridge, microwave and TV. The wi-fi worked and the bed was quite comfortable. The bathroom was functional but as the photo indicates, the tub is rust stained and the flooring has pulled away from the tub. No breakfast was included. I doubt we'll stay here again.

Room Tip: Probably it is worth the extra few dollars to be in the new wing of the motel.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Gerald N

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Ste. Anne, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2011

Not my first choice, but adequate. Too much money to just crash with 2 small pups. I got charged an extra $30.00 just because my 2 teeny chihuahuas were with me.
No coffee maker in the room,that would have been nice. Slept okay as my room was not facing the highway.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled solo
2 Thank chihuahuafreak
Winnipeg
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2011

We reached town around midnight and were looking for basic accomodations for the night. It turned out that nearly all accomodations were booked when we reached town, and we were happy to see the Rainbow motel still had vacancy. We opted to pay a little extra of a room in the newer (2 storey) wing. Found it spotless. It was fairly basic, but did have a small fridge. Wireless internet in the rooms was nice. The beds were a bit hard, but the pillows were great. For the price we had no complaints.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank YWG-JWLS
Taber
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2011

We stayed overnight at The Rainbow Motel in Swift Current on our family trip to Manitoba. Everyone of us loved the supersoft pillows in our room. The room was clean, very quiet and all had a good rest for the night. We were in the older section so we don't know how the updated rooms are, but the one we stayed in was good and the price was right. They have a laundry facility also if needed. And right off the Trans Canada Highway so easy to find.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank SmartOne508
Vancouver
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 7, 2010

When I went into the office, an asian buddy welcomed me. There were 3 different types of rooms. I have stayed in the most newly renovated room, which cost about $85 dollars. Comparing with other motel's quality and price, it was a really pleasant stay. Very quiet and cozy. Looking at the other reviews, it must have been the cheapeast room that everyone stayed at and reviewed on them. I wouldn't know about those rooms, but I definitely recommend the rooms that I stayed at.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled solo
manitoba
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2009

We got to the room, terrible odor coming from the room but we were tired and desprite for a place to sleep on our way home . All the other hotels were booked cause there was 7 weddings goin on that weekend. My son looked in the cupboard under the sink and found 1/2 can of beer, 2 bars of soap and a RAT trap..thankfully there was nothing in the trap. Beds were hard . Never ever again ..we would have slept in the van but there was 4 of us . We got up at 6 am and headed out of there.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled with family

Travelers are raving about these Swift Current hotels

Granby
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2008

We arrive at 10 pm at the Rainbow Motel because all hotels were full. The room cost just 70$ for the night, but when we get in I was really disappointed. A bad odor was planning in the room. I go right in the bathroom to check if it was clean. Unfortunately, a lot of air was in the tub, on the toilet and in the bed! I check the tub and it was not clean. I verified under the sink and i saw bugs. I went to see the owner and he gives me another room in a new section. It was ok, but there were many things missing. Beds were too cheap...

• Liked — Nothing
  • Disliked — Beds
  • Stayed September 2008, traveled with family
      Check in / front desk
    • 1 of 5 stars
      Business service (e.g., internet access)