“Work” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Days Inn Swift Current

and 1 more site!
Days Inn Swift Current
Ranked #3 of 15 Hotels in Swift Current

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
kamloops
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 1, 2014

Upon arrival I was skeptical of this hotel has it was not my choice to stay here, it was booked for work. The checking service was very good I even received a follow-up phone call in my room to ensure everything was okay. The room I was in was considered non-smoking however there was just a smell of cigarette smoke throughout the entire property. The room I was in was clearly not renovated the bed was very comfortable however there was the cigarette smell even in the room although it was considered non-smoking.

Apparently it is common to have a smoking section in hotels in Saskatchewan, I certainly hope this is a practice that will change very soon I have not seen smoking allowed in a hotel in at least 15 years.

They were kind enough to move me to a room and I went of the hotel that was newly renovated new carpets furnishings and pains gave the room of fresh appearance but still a mild cigarette smell in the hallway.

The new room featured modern and contemporary decor with the flatscreen TV and two queen size beds the heat unit was extremely loud and would wake you up in the night when it came on.

The complement her breakfast was very good make your own hot waffles and various other items.

Overall I would have not stayed here given the other options in the area for a small amount of money per night extra you can stay in a very nice.

I will say the staff were extremely friendly and applaud them for working with what they have.

Room Tip: If you must stay here request a room and the renovated section to avoid the smell of cigarette smoke...
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
      Rooms
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
      Cleanliness
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
managersc2, General Manager at Days Inn Swift Current, responded to this review, April 2, 2014
Thank you for taking time to write this review. Your comments are appreciated and I will try to address your concerns. I am glad to hear your check-in was smooth. Our experienced staff at the front desk are very friendly and efficient and always do a follow-up to make sure your room is satisfactory. We consider our guest's comfort to be priority and I am pleased you were able to experience one of our many renovated rooms - fresh paint plus new carpeting and furnishings. Our individual heat/AC units in our rooms are the standard type found in hotel rooms but I will have our maintenance department check the unit in your room as you indicated it was somewhat noisy. I am sorry for any inconvenience you experienced resulting from a smoke smell in your room. We do have 5 smoking rooms in our east wing (away from the renovated 2 storey area). The smoking rooms are in the area where there is an outside entrance, thus allowing for more air flow. We use smoke eating deodorizer plus ozone machines on a regular basis and thus doing our best to keep the entire hotel clean and fresh. I understand you enjoyed our free continental breakfast which offers a wide variety of fresh fruit, pastries, bagels, cereal, eggs, yogurt, beverages as well as waffles with whipped cream & strawberries. We also have a small lounge and a Beer & Wine Store for your relaxation, convenience and enjoyment.
Travelers also viewed these Swift Current hotels
#9 of 15 in Swift Current
Paradise Inn
Paradise Inn
#11 of 15 in Swift Current

Been to Days Inn Swift Current? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Days Inn Swift Current

Property: Days Inn Swift Current
Address: 905 North Service Road East, Swift Current, Saskatchewan S9H 3X6, Canada
Location: Canada > Saskatchewan > Swift Current
Bar / Lounge Business Center with Internet Access Fitness Center with Gym / Workout Room Free Breakfast Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Free Parking Kitchenette Suites Wheelchair access
Ranked #3 of 15 Hotels in Swift Current
Hotel Class:2 star — Days Inn Swift Current 2*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline and Hotels.com so you can book your Days Inn Swift Current reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Swift Current Days Inn