“Everything a Hotel Should Be”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of BEST WESTERN Inn

BEST WESTERN Inn
Ranked #2 of 15 Hotels in Swift Current

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (48)
Regina, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 14, 2013

My wife and I stayed her for the second time in a year and are so glad we did! First the check-in was quick easy and friendly, great staff. We asked about place to eat and they front they very helpful and that really set the tone for us. Following supper we took advantage of the Hot Tub and given it was -30 outside we really appreciated it. Rooms were great clean big and I always think that the pillows make it or break it, fortunately they made it for me. After a great sleep I had to go to a morning meeting but not before having one of the best "free" self service breakfast buffets ever.
While I was gone my wife asked the front desk about places to shop and they were very helpful to her, she indicated some of the best deals and selection she has very seen in a small city!
Saturday night the front desk supplied us with "real" glass wine glasses and a Hi-ball glass for the wine & Scotch I got at the liquor board store that they directed me to. We were told that they were going to be very full due to a hockey team and a wedding and so were a little concerned about noise but again we both had great sleeps! We again took advantage of the Buffet the strawberry sauce for the waffles is awesome and the tea selection is better than most restaurants, the eggs and sausages great but no fresh cheese omelettes this time I assume because they were so full. Pity me! We got down to the breakfast early Sunday morning and that is a good idea because we knew from the last time that it gets packed, by the time we left it was standing room only. Early bird gets the choice seats in front of the fireplace! Very nice touch especially in the evening when you can have a cup of tea relax hot chocolate or coffee in a comfortable area outside of your room.
They had no problems with a late check-out and that really was helpful, as I again had meetings past noon. I very rarely post my experiences but felt that after a stay like the one we had I had too!

Room Tip: If you have kids they have rooms around the pool that we would be great we were on the second floor...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank morganruns
Calgary, Alberta
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 7, 2013

Room was nicely decorated and clean. Most comfortable bed I've had in any hotel, ever. Big shower. Excellent free breakfast with omelettes & everything. The whole hotel was very quiet so we could sleep in easily. Staff was polite. The water in the bathroom seems to be softened, though, so you might want to drink bottled water. Very good hotel for reasonable price.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Winnipeg
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 2, 2013

Our family stayed here on route to visit family in Alberta. Geraldine was pleasant on the phone and when we met her. We requested a late arrival and a playpen, both of which was no problem on their end. When we arrived, the lobby was exceptionally clean, and well decorated with holiday seasons that were elegant and warm. Our room was very clean and comfortable as well. Local calls were free which helped in decided where to pick up dinner. We had to use the laundry services after our daughter had some motion sickness in the car, Geraldine help us with that too. My husband found it easy to navigate from the Best Western to pick up dinner and additional groceries. The breakfast had cheese omelettes, sausages, fresh fruit, all teas & coffees, a variety breads, 3 choices of dry cereal, all juices, and yogurt - perfect to get us onto the road that morning. The only drawback is that I found the building to be cool but in our room, it was easy to warm up using the in-room temperature control. I'd choose this place first the next time we drive through Swift Current and perhaps take advantage of the pool area & fitness facility.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Medicine Hat, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 30, 2012

I have stayed here a few times and have always found the rooms clean and the staff very helpful and Friendly. They offer a good breakfast for this class of hotel, with the standard scrambled eggs, sausage fruit toast etc and of course you make waffles.
Another point that helps these days is they offer both wired and wifi high speed internet with strong signals and great speeds.
I am writing this review because of the consistency of service I have received over the past 6 years. I can say I have never had a bad experience at this hotel.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Ontario Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 10, 2012 via mobile

At fist i thought the location wAs a bit scetchy being behind a strip mall but its right by the hyway and close to everything.
The foyer and common areas were clean and spacious. Staff was friendly and. Helpfull.
The room was spacious and very up to date. A huge overstuffed leather recliner was a nice touch.
I would stay again for sure.

• Stayed November 2012
Kingston
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 26, 2012

This Hotel was phenomenal. We got another walk-in fantastic rate. The king bed room was gorgeous with an open up couch, big screen tv, large bathroom and a smaller area for the lady of the house to do her hair and makeup. The bed was super comfortable and the hot breakfast was delicious (included in cost). Would gladly stay here again.

Room Tip: Get a King if you can it is worth every penny.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple