“Very dissappointing.”

Cuisines: Pub
Regina
“Very dissappointing.”
Reviewed April 5, 2012

Despite some of the negative reviews I read on this place, I decided to give it a try one Saturday afternoon while in Saskatoon with my wife. My big mistake was asking one of the servers for a house beer menu. After she was done giggling, she told me that she would not recommend any of the house brews because all of them were BAD! When I inquired as to why she felt this way, she got a bit huffy and told me that they did not have any menus for the beer because they only brewed it to retain their Offsale license, but if I was still interested she would bring me some taster glasses. Much to our dismay, she quickly walked away--before we could order food--returning with my tasters about ten or so minutes later. Then she plopped them onto our table and asked if we would like anything else. At this point my wife got angry and told her not to bother. We both wanted to leave at this point, but I decided to give the tasters a try. i believe there were four 'Styles' of beer. And without question, none were very palatable. But, simply put, the worst part of our trip to The fox and Hounds was the rude service. OK, maybe our server was having an off day, but she could have given us a chance to giver both her and her place of business a chance. Neither I nor my wife would ever return to this place, and we don't even know what the food is like...

Visited March 2012
7 Thank David D

Meadow Lake, Canada
“spectacular micro brewery”
Reviewed March 30, 2012

great place to go for a beer after work, and has a really good selection from their own micro brewery. good stuff...

Visited April 2011
Saskatoon
“No Tip for you!”
Reviewed February 14, 2012

What a rude staff. Yet here they are, and here they have been for at least fifteen years or more. I don't get it: The food is average to bad--when it's cooked--the beer is as good or bad as anywhere else, but the service (Oxymoron used here) is the worst in Saskatoon. Why the owners have not closed this place and started over is anyone's guess. I guess there's a lot of money to be made in the Restaurant/Bar business. Especially if you're really a laundromat disguising yourself as a serving establishment!

• Visited January 2012
8 Thank Chicory-01
Saskatoon, Canada
“Great Food - Great Brews”
Reviewed January 13, 2012

The food is always good, the service good and the beer cold!!

1 Thank Pamela C
Regina, Canada
“Dingy”
Reviewed August 9, 2011

I realize that when going to a pub you should not expect four star service but this place really did seem dumpy. it was very dark and the atmosphere made me uncomfortable. The food was okay, my soup was cold - and my boyfriends sandwhich was average. The service was very slow, and the watress was quite rude. Overall i think unless you really like that low end feel - maybe skip this place.

• Visited March 2011