“Please renovate!”

The Cave
Ranked #89 of 696 Restaurants in Saskatoon
Dining options: Reservations
Neighborhood: Nutana
Description: Originally half its size we expanded in 1985 to include our Starlight Banquet Room and The Cavern Lounge. A completely local and independent family restaurant, that has become a Saskatoon landmark. Our unique architecture, courteous and polite staff, coupled with our wide menu options will make your next dinning experience memorable. From first dates, to anniversaries and birthdays, or just a night out. The Cave has it all! We recommend reservations but they are not required.
Reviewed September 19, 2012

Although I have been here a number of times, everytime I enter the lounge area it is painfully in need of a renovation. Dirty old fashioned grandma chairs & couches - throw them out please! Rugs needs to be tossed as well. YET the cocktail bar itself is a rather beautiful feature and bartenders make great cocktails! Servers are awesome and friendly. Try to avoid any deep fried appetizers - Yuck - the fryer and oil are also in need of a cleaning! Pizzas are very good - try the greek pita pizza. I hope the owners read this and they hire a decorator soon; it would only need some basics to brighten/clean this place up.

Reviewed August 28, 2012

I needed a quick break from work, had a bit of a headache from the heat and was looking for comfort food when I remembered the cool, dark Cave restaurant. Stopped in at 12:15 on a weekday and only had to wait a few minutes. The hostess was obviously Greek and likely the young granddaughter of the owner. She politely seated me in one of the alcoves. The serve came immediately with coffee and water and the list of the specials. She reminded me of the Aunt who's worked there for 20+ years and seen it all. After reviewing the menu I selected the special of denver cheese sandwich with salad and a small lemon rice soup. While it was not gourmet, it was exactly was I felt like and was properly prepared. The soup was authentic and not too salty. The bread was fresh and eggs not overcooked. The salad was traditional. Everything was quick and efficient. The sound of the waterfall was also soothing. I was able to read the paper in peace and after 45 minutes I was back at work refreshed and ready to face the rest of the day. The price for all that food was excellent.

1  Thank BigTalk
Reviewed August 22, 2012

We chose to go to this restaurant based on a recommendation and the fact that it looked unique in a city full of restaurant chains. Unfortunately, we wish we went to one of those chains as McDonalds would have been better. Upon entering the restaurant, we ended up in chaotic, disorganized waiting area and weren't sure who to talk to in order to be seated. When we finally got seated, we were placed in an uncomfortable and small booth despite having a reservation. The booth appeared to be meant for one person. We both ordered pasta dishes which ended up being bland and tasteless. There was barely any sauce covering the pasta so the meals were mainly just plain dry pasta. We could have got spaghetti and butter for half the price from the kid's menu. The server was not helpful, never came back to see how the meal was, and never re-filled our waters. While the exterior and interior design of the restaurant is unique, it does not make up for the awful food and poor service. This is the first time we counted out the pennies and nickels for the bill. We will never return to this restaurant.

Reviewed August 5, 2012

The Cave is another of those Saskatoon restaurants that is an ongoing, consistent, high quality establishment. Whether you're after a formal, casual or any other experience in between, this place is for you. Ambience is perfect, many types of food are available and always of high quality. Love the location (easy to get to) and good value for money.

Reviewed July 22, 2012

This restaurant could use a rennovation, it is outdated and the carpets are very dirty. The waitress that served me however was very pleasent. So the service was excellent.