“Excellent Pickerel”

Aroma Mediterranean Resto Bar
Reserve with OpenTable
Aroma Mediterranean Resto Bar is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #42 of 666 Restaurants in Saskatoon
Cuisines: Bar, Canadian, Pizza, Mediterranean
Good for: Business meetings, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Neighborhood: Central Business District
“Excellent Pickerel”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 16, 2014 via mobile

We visited Saskatoon and although we usually do not choose to eat at hotel restaurants we were pleasantly surprised at the excellent service and high quality of all our meals. My wife had the pickerel and it was light and flavourful. Tasted as fresh as fish we have had at an ocean side restaurant. I love a great beet salad so had the beet and fig salad and it did not disappoint. The pizza from the pizza oven was as good as the traditional Italian restaurant we frequent. We will be back when we visit Saskatoon again.

pschweighardt, General Manager at Aroma Mediterranean Resto Bar, responded to this review, February 5, 2014
I am so happy to see you enjoyed your visit .
We are so proud of Aroma at the Radisson, it is definitely in a league of its own.
I will be sure to pass on your kind words.
Looking forward to welcoming you back.

Saskatoon, Canada
“Recent visit”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 26, 2013

My friends from Germany are here for the holidays and I suggested Aroma for a meeting place. I've been here several times before for drinks and food (usually pizza but everything else I've tried has been very tasty). We came in at 2pm on a Sunday and it looked like there was just one server by herself. It did take a bit longer than normal both for us to decide on our meals and for the server to return to our table. There were maybe 5 other people in the lounge..I'm thinking she had things to tend to in the back that weren't immediately obvious to us. I'm a vegetarian for ethical reasons but was considering the burger (depending where it came from as I know Pineview Farms is reputable). When I asked the server where the "organic and local" burger comes from, she didn't know. It's fine to not know, but she didn't offer to try to find out for me...I would have appreciated that effort, even if she still couldn't get an answer from someone. I got the fig salad, which was delightful. Overall, this particular visit was average, but the food is above average:)

• Visited December 2013
pschweighardt, General Manager at Aroma Mediterranean Resto Bar, responded to this review, January 2, 2014
Thank you for the review, the kind words and the very valuable feedback for us to use to improve Aroma.
We really are grateful to see the restaurant through the eyes of our guests and always use as a learning opportunity.
Happy New Years.
Moose Jaw, Canada
“Eggs Benny!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 15, 2013

We had breakfast here after our stay in the hotel. The Traditional eggs Benedict is the best I've had anywhere. Our server Cindy was cheerful, attentive and professional and looked after us well. Partner just had multigrain toast, but even that is served with homemade Saskatoon berry jam; excellent.

• Visited December 2013
Thank you for the very valuable feedback, I will be sure to review with Executive Chef Trevor Robertson as we always welcome our guest's comments
Calgary, Canada
“Excellent Food but Pricey”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 27, 2013

The food here tastes excellent. My only issue is the price for the portion size provided. It would be nice if they increased the amount of food offered or decreased the price a bit.

Visited October 2013
So pleased you enjoyed your visit. Your feedback is greatly appreciated.
London, Canada
“It's ALL about the Pizza!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 16, 2013 via mobile

This restaurant is located on the main floor of the Radisson Hotel. This is the third time I have eaten here at supper time. Aroma's boasts about their Forno woodstone baked pizza's, and rightly so. The pizza is the only main course menu item I have ordered (even though the dinner menu is very large). I find they are not afraid to "experiment" a little bit, and include pizza variations that are not found anywhere else. I can strongly recommend my favourite, the "Pig and Fig" (smoked bacon, sweet figs, carmelized onions), and the "trout" pizza (I kid you not). I like trying new menu items, and was pleasantly surprised with the trout pizza. The fish and the other items on the pizza (I wish I had paid more attention to the ingredients) complemented each other very well.

The last time I was at Aroma was on a Wednesday. I was surprised at how busy the restaurant was until it was revealed that Wednesday is known as "Rock Wednesday", and the pizza was discounted ($8.00), and the domestic pints of beer are also reduced in price.

Service in the restaurant was quick, attentive, and informative. I would highly recommend a visit to Aroma - especially on Wednesday's after 4:00 p.m.

Visited October 2013
So pleased you enjoyed your visit.
Please come and visit us on Fired up Friday's to try our amazing steaks as well. Our Chef burns a bill that night so you might be the lucky table to have dinner on us.