“Lots of smiles” 4 of 5 bubbles

La Bamba
Ranked #36 of 660 Restaurants in Saskatoon
Cuisines: Mexican, Latin, Spanish
Good for: Kids, Families with children, Dining on a budget
Description: We are proud to be the only one AUTHENTIC MEXICAN restaurant in Saskatoon. Moreover our food is made from scratch with original recipes and with your health in mind. Now with two locations, the one in Boychuck features ethnic food from the Central part of Mexico and the one in Primrose Drive with Northern Style meals.
“Lots of smiles”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 21, 2014 via mobile

This place always falls off our radar for some reason. Not sure why. Whenever we go we are all like it and his time was no exception.

It can get a bit busy so be prepared to wait a bit on a Friday. They are ver good at tiring tables and keeping things flowing.

The food is more authentic Mexican. Subtle flavours and really fresh and delicious.

The service is so friendly and is a huge highlight. Everyone is so happy and friendly.

Also the complimentary chips and salsa is a nice touch.

• Visited May 2014

“Authentic Mexican Cuisine”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 6, 2014

I went here with my family for a meal. Its a very small restaurant and we had to book a table ahead of time. It was very busy. The décor is interesting ,lots of Mexican flags and tablecloths.
I had the chipotle beef tacos with rice and beans . The beef was lovely and spicy and the taco's soft just as I like them. My favourite was the rice and beans which reminded me of a recent trip to Mexico. They do give you complimentary salsa and chips to eat while you wait on your meal. I also, tried one of their mango margaritas which was also delicious. The server was very good,efficient ,polite and the meals arrived in a reasonable amount of time . Also ,the restaurant is Gluten free. Overall I would recommend this restaurant if you love spicy authentic Mexican food. I will certainly be returning myself.

• Visited June 2014
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“The place to go in YXE”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 5, 2014

Hands down, the best most authentic Mexican restaurant in town. The food is unreal. Although bit pricy, good service and friendly atmosphere make this hidden gem the place to go in YXE.

• Visited May 2014
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
“Don't order the salad”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 17, 2014

I ordered there meal salad for $12.00 and it came in a small bowl and had shredded chicken on it and a few diced tomatoes. Terrible value don't order it.

• Visited April 2014
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Saskatoon, Canada
“My favourite place to go for Mexican food!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 13, 2014

I LOVE La Bamba- all their food is authentic since the people who work there are from or "made" in Mexico as their shirts say :). Every time I want some real Mexican food I go there. I have had enchiladas, quesadillas, and Tacos Carne Asada con Queso (Steak tacos with chesse)- all were excellent and come with refried beans and rice. You can ask for more beans and rice too if you aren't full. I always am so full when I leave there though I have never had to ask for more! The also have great guacamole and chips as an appetizer (or add a side of guacamole to any entree) , you also get a complimentary thing of chips and salsa to start with each meal, the chips are home made and delicious. All ingredients taste fresh and everything is made fresh. Definitely in my top 5 places to eat in Saskatoon! I would eat there at least once a week if I could!

• Visited April 2014