“Excellent experience for a Happy Anniversary”
Review of Truffles Bistro

Truffles Bistro
Ranked #12 of 670 Restaurants in Saskatoon
Cuisines: French, European, Canadian
Good for: Special occasions, Business meetings, Local cuisine, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Brunch, Breakfast, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Neighborhood: Central Business District
Saskatoon, Canada
“Excellent experience for a Happy Anniversary”
Reviewed December 24, 2013

My wife and I had a fantastic meal here for our anniversary. We started with the cheese tray for 2 as an appetizer. It was an intersting mix of cheeses, breads and nuts etc. and a good way to kick off the meal.

I had a veal special and my wife had the beef tenderloin. Her meal was superb, the beef was cooked perfectly and the fries were a very tasty treat. The truffle oil really topped off the plate well.

I really like veal so was anxious to try the special even though it was accompanied by 3 types of beets. (I'm not a beet fan at all) It blew me away. Not only was the veal skillfully prepared, but I also ate more beets at that meal than I have during the rest of my life.

It is a cozy atmosphere with an excellent wine list and amazing food. a great place to enjoy our 1st anniversary since moving to Sasakatoon.

Not somewhere I could afford to go regularly, but a great place for a special night out.

• Visited September 2013

• Chinese (Traditional) first
United States
“Great find for a quick stop in Saskatoon!”
Reviewed December 17, 2013 via mobile

We were in Saskatoon only overnight for work and we're looking for something decent to eat that wasn't too far from our hotel. The meal was delicious - my duck was cooked perfectly! I really liked that i had an entree and dessert with coffee and didn't feel over stuffed - great meal. The best part was the service - attentive but not obtrusive - we were well cared for and I would definitely go back!

• Visited December 2013
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
“Excellent Food & Focused Service”
Reviewed December 10, 2013

3 colleagues and I visited Truffles based on the #1 rating in TripAdvisor. I must say that I fully agree with the rating. We walked from our respective hotels and if you didn't look up you might miss the name sign as you walk along.

I started with the mussels. They were small but sweet in the butter and white wine sauce. The toasted and buttered bread that accompanied the appetizer gives you a great way to sop up all that goodness. My main course was the beef tenderloin which was perfectly cooked. This was one of the best cooked cuts I've had anywhere.

For an nice dinner while in Saskatoon, Truffles is an excellent choice

• Visited December 2013
Toronto, Canada
“Amazing food, fantastic service”
Reviewed December 3, 2013 via mobile

Dined here alone while on business

They garnish the table with homemade chips and some dirt of aioli, delicious!

I started with green salad, mild taste, light, but just what I wanted.

The main course blew me away. I had the beef tenderloin, cooked to perfection. It came with home made fries tossed in truffle oil, and homemade ketchup.

Awesome!

Only advice: expand your scotch list.

Saskatoon
“Steak Frites...awesome every time.”
Reviewed December 3, 2013

Whether lunch or supper - this restaurant is excellent. My personal favorite is the steak frites, but we had had poultry and seafood meals here as well. Most recently a large group of us from work went here and had an overall excellent experience! Great food, professional and timely service, and nothing left unattended to. For a group of 14 people, this was quite remarkable. Great for personal, business, or even just a quick lunch with a friend. Be sure to get reservations during peak hours, this is a very popular smaller restaurant and fills up quick.

• Visited September 2013