“A nice experience” 5 of 5 bubbles

Truffles Bistro
Ranked #10 of 660 Restaurants in Saskatoon
Cuisines: French, European, Canadian
Good for: Business meetings, Special occasions, Romantic, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Brunch, Breakfast, Lunch, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Neighborhood: Central Business District
Calgary
“A nice experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 2, 2013

The food and the service were very good. I took my daughter here for her birthday dinner. The restaurant is quite small. The menu is not elaborate, but well done. Presentation is lovely and food is very good. The server was very knowledgeable and accommodating.

Visited October 2012

• Chinese (Traditional) first
Saskatoon, Canada
“Good but expensive”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 17, 2013

This is a high end dining place in downtown. Its good but expensive. They should include more vegetarian options in their menu.

Saskatoon, Canada
“Best fresh food!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 7, 2013

Just great food beautifully presented - fresh, organic, local and beautifully prepared. Our favourite restaurant in Saskatoon.

Visited December 2012
Kingston, Canada
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Rivals the Iron Chefs”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 1, 2013

I have visited several Iron Chef restaurants in Cleveland and Philadelphia, and Trufles is on par with them. Service was rated as a 4/5 because our waitress needed to know the wine list a little better and be able to make recommendations. Had the five course Table d'Hotel and paired my own wines and port. I left completely satiated and blown away by the expertly handled combinations of tastes, textures and colours with every course. I was passing through Saskatoon on my way from Kingston, ON to Edmonton, AB. Found this place by chance and was completely blown away. I am going to be in Edmonton for two months and am seriously planning on coming back to Saskatoon for a weekend just to visit Truffles again.

• Visited April 2013
1 Thank GoNavy1326
Edmonton, Canada
“Excellent food and simple atmosphere”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 1, 2013

We didn't have to walk far from the Park Town Hotel, about 10-15 minutes, and it was easy to find this restaurant. We arrived without reservations just after 6 and waited a minute or two before we were seated towards the back of the restaurant and close by the kitchen.

The décor is simple and clean. The brightness of the white is better than a dark restaurant where you can barely see the food. The menu had a variety of entrees of fish, meat, and salad dishes. I loved the back of the menu had a listing of all the local farmers and producers than provide ingredients for the dishes. Support the local market is something many restaurants should be doing. We placed our order and were brought complimentary chips and dip.

My Diefenbaker trout for $27 was excellent with 2 pieces of fish that was flaky, tender, and delicious! It was served with sweet carrots (without the sauce and not needed), and over peas, and onions. I was pleased with my choice as it was delicious.

My dinner mate ordered dessert which she shared with me. I found them all too sweet for my liking but they looking lovely in the presentation. I enjoyed a warm cup of peppermint tea as an after meal drink.

This place gets busy so it's a sign that others enjoy the food and atmosphere as much as I did. It's a good idea to make a reservation as it was full on a Wednesday evening. The service was decent but at times I found the server busy to take away plates and bring us food, so it's not a place to go if you are in a rush.

• Visited March 2013