“This is what perfection looks like”
Review of Truffles Bistro - CLOSED

Truffles Bistro
Good for: Business meetings, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Neighborhood: Central Business District
Reviewed November 24, 2012

The table D'hôte is the house specialty of Chef's signatures. A surprising value for five courses and some of the most wonderful flavours I've had in some time.

Appetizer of Duck Pate. Second course of French Onion Soup (authentic French Onion). Then a little Sea Buckthorn Sorbet to clear the palate. I had the Steelhead Trout and Scallops in Pernod Creme. My wife had the New York Strip with Frites fried in Truffle Oil. Dessert of Chèvre Cheesecake and Maple/Rosewater Ice Cream.

Service was perfect and timely. Sammy, our server was incredibly knowledgeable and answered all of our questions. He offered a brilliant wine selection and served us with professionalism. I will make it a point to go to Truffles on every visit to Saskatoon.

French food takes time to prepare when it is done right. Plan to spend some time ... like the French do.

Outstanding.

Reviewed November 18, 2012

Have eaten lunch here several times when visiting Saskatoon and have never been disappointed. It's one of those places where you could just say "Bring me anything on the menu" and it would be delicious. Nice atmosphere and friendly, helpful staff. Good value for the quality of the food and presentation.

Reviewed November 9, 2012

All of your favourites (the steak frites with truffle oiled frites was superb!) with some new takes (i.e. escargot with micro greens and lemon coulis) made this experience very enjoyable. The service was also top notch. The only thing that could have made this better was maybe a few more fun wines by the glass.

Reviewed October 31, 2012

I went there for dinner while visiting and staying in downtown Saskatoon. The positives - the staff were extremely nice and the service, impeccable. The appetizer of a pickerel ceviche was fantastic - it was great combination of ingredients. What I didn't like were two things. The first was the wine list, which was extremely limited. The wines by the glass were shameful. The second was the main course of Steelhead Trout in a pernod sauce with a shrimp coulis. The trout was overdone and it sat on a breaded cutlet that was absolutely tasteless. I simply could not eat it as it felt like something from Costco (or the Canadian equivalent) that had been heated up. The shrimp and the pernod sauce were OK but nothing to write home about. The meal was not cheap - I could have had much better food for that price in NYC or Washington, DC (where I live), thus my utter disappointment.

I will checkout a few more fine dining establishments in Saskatoon during my stay here.

1  Thank asangaw
Reviewed October 23, 2012

The staff accommodated my friend and me when we arrived without reservations on a Friday night. We also had a play to catch and not much time to eat. This is not that kind of restaurant, yet they did everything they could to seat us, feed us and get us off to the play in time. The gnocchi was great and so was the charcuterie plate and wine. Plan on going back with my husband this weekend.