“Value for the money paid in a recovering economy”

Northwoods Inn & Suites
Ranked #39 of 41 Hotels in Saskatoon
Reviewed September 13, 2010

came on a business visit..had an idea that all saskatoon hotels are very expensive compared to Calgary or Toronto..I was not willing to pay 149 a night anyways! So I started to search for the most reasonably priced hotel in the city and my search produced rich dividends,to be precise..northwoods had a room promotion going on with $89 a night which included comp breakfast and free wi-fi...and tht was what exactly I looked for with a comfortable stay..I got all I needed ..would love to stay again..What more u can ask for in a recovering economy? Value for money guaranteed..u bet!

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled on business
1  Thank value2010
mel_sask, Manager at Northwoods Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded February 25, 2011

Thank you for your review on the Northwoods Inn and Suites. We hope to have an opportunity to serve you again.

Reviewed September 11, 2010

Came to enjoy the( rainy!) Saskatoon Summer with my spouse(and my pet dog tammy)..chose Northwoods (Howard Johnson before) as per my dad's advice. It was square of a deal worth remembering..$89 a night with free hot breakfast!!!..isnt that awesome? also we had a dash in the pool and waterslide! free internet ,microwave and minifridge..we loved it for the deal...the front desk was so patient and courteous to clear all our doubts(we are from Regina) ..waiting for the next opportunity to visit Northwoods!! love it..u will never be dissapointed...I bet u...

Stayed: August 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank festoonfestoon

Reviewed August 29, 2010

I was a bit hesitant when I read some of th reviews but my experience was pleasant and everyone was so nice. I had no troubles at all and the rrom wa freshly painted and clean. Bathrooms were Ok and clean. The price was right too!

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled with friends
mel_sask, Owner at Northwoods Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded February 25, 2011

Reviewed July 25, 2010

My husband, myself & 6yr old daughter have stayed here 5x in the last year for medical appointments. We have NEVER had a problem with cleanliness or staff. I even left my pillow in our room after checkout, the front desk & house keeper went out of their way to help me get it back. My daughter really likes the staff here, they always give extra attention. We just have rebooked for another appointment & exhibition in one of the suites so the whole family can come along, will let you know how that turns out.

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled with family

Reviewed July 21, 2010

we have been to this hotel on many different occasions and it has always been clean and the staff have been very helpful. the manager john has also been very pleaseant and helpful as well.

• Stayed: July 2010

Reviewed July 11, 2010

NEVER stay at the Northwoods Inn on Idylwyld!!

Just thought I'd warn everyone that the owner of the Northwoods Inn is a completely disrespectful jerk that verbally abuses EVERYONE.

I went there to look at a room, because my house flooded with 2 1/2 feet of water and sewage, and was waiting my turn at the front desk. This little older couple (mid 70's?) was in front of me speaking to the owner/manager John. He then started FREAKING right out on them, telling the older gentleman to go to hell and to take his "ugly wife with him". Why, you might ask?

Because the roof at the hotel was leaking, and construction was being done on the far (rear) side of it. So they rented this little older couple a room right in the middle of it--where they couldn't even park their car on that side--they had to carry their bags UP a flight of stairs, AND around the building, just to get up there, and their key wouldn't work. So they came back to the office to request a different room (one that wasn't in the middle of a construction zone).

The owner FLIPPED right out, calling them all kinds of HORRIBLE names, and when I turned to walk out, he pointed his finger at ME and yelled "Where do you think YOU'RE going?". I told him, that if THAT was the way he spoke to elderly people, nevermind customers of his, that there was NO way I was spending over $2500 at his place, and then he told me "Go then, you fat bit*h, you go to hell too!"

I flipped out, and asked him who the hell he thought he was, speaking not only to the elderly like that, but who the hell he thought he was talking to, and that he had NO right to speak to people like that. I was told again, to go to hell and leave.

I've NEVER been as appalled and disgusted as I was at this COMPLETE Jerk, and felt the need to warn EVERYONE not to go there!!

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled as a couple
5  Thank mizzsmylzz

Thank you for your review on the Northwoods Inn and Suites. Please note that we taken each issue very seriously and have taken steps to address each and every comments and or complaints that we receive. Please do not hesitate to contact us direct to discuss your stay and any problem that you have had. Once again please accept our sincerest apologies and we hope to have an opportunity to serve you again.

Reviewed June 28, 2010

So here's the deal. Sleep in your car or in the bushes behind the motel. Will be safer. The only reason I rated the sleep as a two was becuase I took two sleeping pills prior to going to bed.
Positive reviews are from the owner or Hellen Keller assuming she also lost her sense of smell.
Booked a wake up call for 6:20...never got one. We paid for two nights and when we returned after the first day the keycards didn't work. They had booked the rooms with someone else.
In sumation, drive to another town to stay in a room if this is the last option. Unless of course you're on a big coke bender with your girlfriend and don't want your wife to find out. She'll assume no one's dirty enough to stay here.

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled on business