“Disgusting & filthy dump!”

Northwoods Inn & Suites
Ranked #39 of 41 Hotels in Saskatoon
Reviewed July 31, 2006

We were booked into Room 129 on July20/06 after midnight. We had been driving all day, and this was the first place we came upon. We had to attend a family funeral the next day. The phone in our room did not work. We called the front desk 2 times, and there was no answer, and we could not make local calls from our room, (busy signal) and it would not recieve any calls. We called it from our cell, and it didn't even ring in the room. The air conditioner did not work, it blew warn air, and was filthy dirty, and a state of ill repair, and it was plus 34 that day. The mattresses were disgustingly filthy. In the shower, the water switched from hot to cold, and then the hot water tap broke, and we could not turn it off. There was also black mold in the shower. There was noice ALL night. There was also no creamer for the coffee left in the room, so that was not used either. the room was very outdated. I will never stay there again !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Stayed: July 2006, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
8  Thank allii
mel_sask, Manager at Northwoods Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded February 26, 2011

Thank you for your review on the Northwoods Inn and Suites. Please note that we take each issue very seriously and have taken steps to address each and every comments and or complaints that we received. Please do not hesitate to contact us direct to discuss your stay and or any problem that you have had. Once again please accept our sincerest apologies and we hope to have an opportunity to serve you again.

Reviewed May 27, 2006

This hotel is the worst hotel that I ever stayed at. I received this room on an auction and believe me if I knew what a complete dump this hotel was I would never have bid on it. It was definitely one horrible scary twilight zone hotel and filty ! I thought the ho-jo's had a good reputation but the head office better check this skid hotel in Saskatoon bearing the ho-jo name.

• Stayed: February 2006
10  Thank hazzle-free

Reviewed April 1, 2006

We stayed in this hotel for just one night. Our room was filthy and disgusting. We also had a broken security bar on the door. The mattresses were very badly stained. We did not receive most of the amenities promised on the web site. There appeared to be a blood stain on the carpet. All the painted walls were peeling.The only decent thing was the pool(although the water slides were closed). The room appeared to have not been renovated since it was built(looked like the 80's). We thought that Howard Johnson had a good reputation, but certainly not at this location. Have emialed head office and hotel with complaints. Hope for an answer!!!

• Stayed: March 2006
11  Thank Zoe2010

Boston, MA
Reviewed September 22, 2005

A total dive. Drug dealers were above my room, with cars pulling up and leaving all night. Screaming fights in the middle of the night. No internal lock on my room.

Even worse was the lack of heat. When I complained, I was told that due to an old heating system, they could not get it to pump out more heat unless more rooms were occupied (thus increasing the demand on the system). I was given a $10 honeywell heating fan to use - a fire hazard to leave on while sleeping!!

When I called HoJo main customer service (while staying at the hotel), I was told hotel had 2 days during my stay to fix things, if not they had 7 days to respond to my complaint and then HoJo customer service would take over the problem. Of course the 7 days went by and nothing from the hotel (I would have left, but was expecting a FedEx and could not change the address. Hotel lost my FedEx for half a day as well!!!).

Any7how, HoJo customer service now says there is nothing they can do as the hotel is responsible for their actions. What kind of BS is that???

• Stayed: September 2005
9  Thank A TripAdvisor Member

Reviewed May 23, 2005

I have stayed at several Howard Johnsons over the past few years and you would think I would have learned my lesson by now. The only good one was in New York City. I stayed one night here in Saskatoon because all the other hotels were booked because the Queen was in the city and what a mistake. The desk clerk on signing in was tattooed and body pierced and wasn't very friendly. He didn't give a sense of trustworthiness on first sight. Both clerks that I encountered were visble minorities who couldn't speak English very well and couldn't even read my names which are one syllable names. The restaurant wasn't open at any time I was there. They were preparing to open it for breakfast the morning I left and that was after 10 a.m. Hello! It should have been open at 7. Most of the guests were gone to the restaurants down the street. The room was old and dated and in need of repair. The whole motel is in need of a major overhaul. I was in a room right across the parking lot from the Travel Lodge and there were parties there all night. At least the people on either side of me were elderly without kids and they were quiet. The bathroom was in need of repair. The shower head didn't work very well and you had to practically run around in the tub to get wet since it sprayed in every direction but down! Water had to run for ten minutes before it got hot..........where was it coming from? Regina? I wouldn't stay here again unless you are a party animal, don't care what the room looks or smells like and don't care if the hotel clerks are biker dudes from Hell! Next time I stay in Saskatoon, it will be the Bessborough for me and leave this dive to the poor folks who can't find a hotel anywhere else in the city(like me this weekend). I guess we all have to step down a class or three once in awhile to appreciate the ones on the bottom.

• Stayed: May 2005, traveled on business
11  Thank A TripAdvisor Member

Reviewed May 16, 2005

Was given room 102 which was close to the street. The noise from people talking outside to the traffic noise was unbearable, which went on all night.

There was no sound proofing done to the walls or windows.

Would not go back again, at any price.

J.Wong

Regina

• Stayed: May 2005
14  Thank joectk

North Haverbrook, MA
Reviewed February 4, 2004

This place is a dive. Ido not reccomend bringing your children here.
Nothing but partying 24 - 7. Security seems very slow witted and ineffective.

11  Thank A TripAdvisor Member