“Everything was very good but the service”

Calories Bakery and Restaurant
Ranked #2 of 15 Dessert in Saskatoon
Cuisines: French, Gastropub, Canadian, Pub, Wine Bar
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children, Business meetings, Special occasions
Dining options: Lunch, Drinks, Dinner, Brunch, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Delivery, Digital Payments, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wine and Beer
Neighborhood: Nutana
Description: Simple. Local. Delicious. We envision a place where we belong, where our actions nurture the environment and our food sources, where people thrive, craftsmanship and traditions flourish, a place where the mind can rest and wander. We hope that we can show you the world through our eyes while you are here in our care.
Hamilton, ON
“Everything was very good but the service”
Reviewed July 4, 2014

I was in Saskatoon for a short time recently and as always, when I am visiting the city, I found time to stop by Calories. The menu is varied, the desserts to die for and the people are friendly. However, on this particular visit our Waiter delivered the wrong soup, and missed the salad dressing altogether. Both items were fairly important as I had only ordered the soup and salad and to find that both of my selections were incorrect, was disappointing. Sorry Calories, I expected more.
Very cool to see the BIT coin terminal though. Very progressive.

• Visited June 2014

Nipawin, Canada
“Wonderful Atmosphere”
Reviewed June 30, 2014

One of our favourite stops while shopping Broadway! Delicious food, to-die-for desserts and a great glass of wine! The atmosphere is so welcoming! Great spot for date-night or catching up with a pal over coffee!

Visited August 2013
1 Thank MsMarla
Calgary
“Calories Cafe a go to favorite”
Reviewed May 28, 2014

I have been going to Calories for years and was there most recently May 24/2014. As usual the service and the food were excellent. I had the soup and my friend had the organic beef burger. My daughter just had dessert. We all were very happy with our choices. I would have had dessert as well, but just didn't have room for it. Calories is known for its desserts so my advice to you is always save room for their cheesecake because it is the best I have ever had.

1 Thank CalgaryJackie
Saskatoon, Canada
“Always a treat in more ways than one”
Reviewed May 22, 2014

I frequently visit Calories. Cuisine is excellent. Service is exceptional and friendly.
Homemade soups are never disappointing . Recently enjoyed the Zucchini and Goat cheese. Wonderful! Also had the California Club on house made bread using wild rice. Very healthy menu with lots of choices for vegans. After the meal, no matter how full you are, there must be room for dessert. When you enter the restaurant there is a large display window of assorted house made desserts ranging from chocolates, tarts, cakes, cheesecakes and pies. Definitely a jewel in Saskatoon.

2 Thank IslandPrairieGirl
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Happily Stunned”
Reviewed May 5, 2014

I was happily stunned by the amazing toffee cheesecake, which I might add is a perfect companion to the heavenly kashmir chai latte. Nice ambiance, friendly staff, and admirable selection of foods and drinks.

I commend Calories restaurant to you unreservedly!

1 Thank amirmhzadeh