“You must try Burmese food!”

Golden Pagoda Restaurant
Ranked #45 of 718 Restaurants in Saskatoon
Cuisines: Asian, Burmese
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed June 25, 2012

If you like Indian or Thai food, you must try Burmese food! I thought it would be like a cross between the two but it really is its own cuisine - very distinctive, and VERY good! Service was excellent; great value (the portions were huge!) - I highly recommend this restaurant. Had the Classic Curry with chicken and it was outstanding. You can choose what spice level you'd like; even medium was quite spicy, so non-spice-lovers be warned. I find myself wishing my home town had a Burmese restaurant!

Reviewed June 16, 2012

This was a very good meal. Burmese is an interesting cross between Chinese, Indian, and perhaps some Thai as well. Started with the green papaya salad which was excellent...very tasty. Then had a couple of curries, a good main curry and a unique sweet and sour curry. Service from the owner was excellent...he went out of his way to provide suggestions and engage in some friendly conversation. This was a very satisfying meal.

Reviewed June 11, 2012

We thoroughly enjoyed our meal. Only 2 of us shared 2 family style platters and some rice, but it would have been plenty for 3. That is what brought value for us down.

Reviewed April 23, 2012

My friend and I ate lunch at the Golden Pagoda. The service was friendly but there was only one person waiting tables. The food was delicious, but my meal was too sweet and too rich. My friend had the Burmese noodle dish and it was perfect, a fine blend of spices and textures.

I'd go for lunch first, to taste their fare and then graduate to dinner. Overall a pretty good experience.

Reviewed April 10, 2012

Wow!!! What à fantastic dining expérience!!! I had the pleasure Of enjoying the salad which was full Of contrasting flavours & textures. I enjoyed two curries: beef, & chicken served with rice noodle. I asked for à spice level of 7 (out of 8) & the taste sensation was out of this world! My dining companion had à coconut noodle bowl with chicken, which was unlike anything she had ever eaten. She was floored by the exotic mixture of mouth-watering flavours