“Very Tasty food, excellent service”
Review of Mr Rizos Restaurant - CLOSED

Mr Rizos Restaurant
Cuisines: International
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions, Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Neighborhood: Caswell Hill
Saskatoon, Canada
“Very Tasty food, excellent service”
Reviewed January 12, 2014

I've been to this restaurant twice and each time the service was first class, the atmosphere was great and the food has been great. Fantastic choices and everything tasted great. Can't wait to visit this place again!

Saskatoon
“Excellent restaurant!!”
Reviewed January 8, 2014

We have been coming to Mr. Rizos for at least 25 years now, and we love it. The food is the best and the wait staff is absolutely great, especially Al. The restaurant itself has a very cozy, relaxing and romantic atmosphere. The moment you walk in the door you are greeted then they hang up your coat and seat you, and you just know you will be looked after properly. We usually order the steak, shrimp or chicken dishes, but in the past have had the Chateaubriand, ribs or the vegetarian platter --- everything is just great. The waiter always comes back when your wine needs replenishing and fills your glass without you asking. A must have after your meal is the Captain's Coffee. They wheel the cart over to your table and make it right there… it's a nice way to end your meal! We don't mind paying more and treating ourselves, when the food and service is so good. This place is truly a gem in Saskatoon and I hope they stay open for many more years!
P.S. I think the spelling of Rizzos is wrong in Trip Advisor. In the SaskTel yellow pages it is spelled: Mr. Rizos. I couldn't find it in Trip advisor under the other spelling so it should be changed.

Martensville, Canada
“Always Consistently Very Good”
Reviewed January 2, 2014

Friends came to visit from Edmonton for Christmas and I knew I wouldn't feel like cooking on Boxing day after cooking a large Xmas dinner at home so I reserved a table for the four of us at Mr. Rizzo's (the only high end restaurant I found was open on the 26th).

My wife and I hadn't been to Mr. Rizzo's for several years so I wasn't sure if it was still offering the high quality I remembered.

Well I am pleased to say these folks still offer excellent food, great service and good value for your $$.

We had drinks, appetizers and the main courses were enjoyed by all. My Rack of Lamp was perfect as was my wife's Lobster Tail. Our male friend had the Rib-eye Special and his wife had the Veal Oscar both of which were excellent according to our friends. Our friends from Edmonton were very impressed.

This place is still on my list of the top ten "must eat here" recommendations.

With several drinks (we cabbed it there and back), appetizers, and main courses and the must have after dinner "Captains Coffee" our bill for four was $308.00 before the tip.

I highly recommend going here whether it's for the first time or for a return visit. You won't be disappointed.

Tisdale, Canada
“A very nice restaurant in an unlikely location.”
Reviewed November 28, 2013

The dining room is elegant and sophisticated. Not at all what you would expect in this area of town. The service was outstanding, our server Chris was kind, happy, helpful but not pushy. The food was served hot and cooked to perfection in a timely manner. We will definetly be back again soon. A pleasant surprise!

• Visited November 2013
Phoenix, Arizona
“Excellent!”
Reviewed September 26, 2013

All five of us enjoyed the elegantly set tables; and top-notch food served by professional, fun wait staff. Tremendous selection, generous portions.. Chicken-liver appetizer is exceptional, as were all our meals.

• Visited September 2013