“Nice place”

Cuisines: American
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Neighborhood: Central Business District
Description: Casual fine dining in a beautiful setting. Located in Saskatoon's trendy downtown warehouse district, The Ivy has been setting new standards for the Saskatoon restaurant scene since 2006. Reservations always accepted for every size of party! Bring your Company, Family or Friends to enjoy one of our 3 private group dining / banquet spaces! Nightly lounge specials, heated patio for summer cocktails & al fresco dining!
Reviewed October 17, 2012

a bit pricey for what you get, but a nice looking restaurant on the inside, but then that doesn't fill your tummy up

There are newer reviews for The Ivy

Reviewed October 10, 2012

In Saskatoon for a conference and needed a place to celebrate a birthday and visit with an old friend.

The atmosphere in the resturaunt is elegant and relaxed. It was nice after a hectic day to sit in a very private booth.

Service - AMAZING. As a former server I have a high expectation. I was a little nervous when our server approaced. Judging by just appearances he looked young and awkward. Well he was young but other than that my fears need not be. He was 21 a student and incredibly charming. He managed a perfect balance of entertaining, sharing his wisdom and excellent service. Coutos on the PERFECT service. Serious, I'm hard to impress.

Dinner - We had Calamari to start and it was good. The sauce that accompanies it is a bit spicy but you like spice it was full of flavor. I had the shrimp and scallops in a thai curry, I enjoyed my dish. It was spicy as well, so I maybe over did it on my taste adventures. My partner had the pork tenderloin and it was off the hook! I think I could have eaten 3!

As we left it appeared as though we were the last to leave, an indication of an amazing experience that your night was just flew by swallowed up by the company, food and drink. We weren't rushed though we spent around 3 hours. The cost of dinner was what you expect to pay in a place like this, but worth every dollar from start to finish. Cocktail, Appetizer, Dinner, bottle of Wine and dessert (the full deal) was 140.00 plus tip for two.

Thanks IVY for an amazing night.

Reviewed September 30, 2012

good food , friendly staff. We had a group functionn there and they really were very helpful and attentive!

Reviewed September 21, 2012

After waiting nearly 2 hours for our lunch, out of the 6 of us - 1 meal was eating temperature. No apologies, no nothing. Full pop on the bill. Portions were tiny, prices too high. Everything in the restaurant was falling apart or filthy. I can't believe they have any kind of reputation! I will never go back!

1  Thank Natalie S
ivystoon, General Manager at The Ivy, responded to this reviewResponded September 24, 2012

Natalie did you bring any of your issues or concerns to the attention of your server and/or the Manager?

Reviewed July 26, 2012

We live in Saskatoon and consider this our favorite restaurant. It is upper casual, but also more formal dress is common. One feels relaxed, and service has been excellent. The Lounge has identical menu and pleasant in every way. The bar tender, George, is terrific - as is the owner, Curtis. He is usually on site and will often thank you as a newcomer, as he does with us as repeat customers. The wine is very good value, with good selection.