“YUMMY”

The Berry Barn
Ranked #21 of 697 Restaurants in Saskatoon
Cuisines: Canadian
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Escape to the peaceful prairies where you will find our big red barn with a beautiful view of the river. Enjoy a home-style meal in our eatery, walk through our gardens, or shop for treasures in our greenhouses and gift shop. Visit us today to see our newly renovated Gift Shop & NEW Bakery! Open 7 days a week: Monday - Friday 11 am - 8 pm Saturday & Sunday 9 am -8 pm.
Reviewed September 13, 2012

On a recent trip to Saskatoon a volunteer with the CCMA's (our reson for being in Saskatoon) recommended the Berry Barn to us. We enjoyed the short drive in the country to locate it. We both ejoyed our meal. I had perogies and farmers sausage. The perogies were great but not sure I would have the farmers sausage again or not. My friend had the buger and said it was great. We both treated outselves to cheesecake and a trip the to "topping bar". The saskatoon topping was WONDERFUL.....the best I have ever had. The strawberries were good too. We both moaned and were so full by the time we left, we wanted to find a bed and sleep!! We wondered around the gift shop and both left with a shopping bag full. We walked around the grounds and enjoyed the beautiful flowers and view. It was a wonderful way to spend the afternoon. I would for sure return next time I am in Saskatoon.

Reviewed September 10, 2012

Beautiful surroundings, friendly atmosphere, a place you can take someone to and not feel you need to dress up.

Reviewed September 4, 2012

We always go by trip advisor's comments. We saw some bad reviews about the hostess. But we took our chances since I have never been and went anyway. I should just trust the comments here. I told my husband that I just wanted to look in the gift shop first to let the crowd thin out a little. The hostess was not friendly, a party of 6 came in and she told them that she had a table for four! That they would have to wait or sit apart. Then, another couple whose name was called ONCE, didn't come quick enough and she says "you snooze, you lose!" and called the next person on the list. Umm HELLO there are people standing outside, there is a microphone to call out people's names!!! USE IT!! And as for NO STROLLERS in the BARN ---- parent's BEWARE!! If you or your child BREAK anything consider it SOLD!! There are signs posted EVERYWHERE!! And trust me, there is NO room for a stroller so you are bound to break something or knock something off.

Reviewed September 2, 2012

Very small restaurant outside of Saskatoon. Menu has a lot of European food (perogies and borscht) and comfort foods (milk shakes, pancakes, burgers). But their Saskatoon Berry Pie is to die for! It was my first time having it and I already wanted seconds! Try it with ice cream on top.

Reviewed August 20, 2012

We always go here for the waffles smothered in fruit and whipped cream. Great spot. However, the farmer's sausages are not great. Get the bacon. Noisy because it's so popular. Make a reservation to avoid long waits.