“Average Restaurant”
Review of 2nd Avenue Grill

2nd Avenue Grill
Reserve with OpenTable
2nd Avenue Grill is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #55 of 697 Restaurants in Saskatoon
Cuisines: Seafood, Steakhouse
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighborhood: Central Business District
Cross street: Between 22nd Street East and 21st Street East
Reviewed July 21, 2013

This restaurant is hit or miss. Past experiences have either been good or bad. Service is average not exceptional. Hostesses are aloof and snobby. Not a very good first impression. Attire of the hostesses are sketchy at best. Again first impressions are everything and if they want there restaurant to be first class the staff should act and dress accordingly.

Reviewed July 15, 2013

In years past I had become extremely disappointed with 2nd Avenue Grill.

We ended up trying it again late last year and found everything (service, food, atmosphere) much improved. I have been there many times over the past few months and have been consistently pleased with the service. Special nod to the manager, Heddy, who really does an excellent job engaging with customers.

Reviewed July 7, 2013

Chicken Oscar was burnt on outside and not cooked on inside. Shrimp was overdone and tasteless. Waiter didn't even ask how our meals were. We told him anyway and he didn't even offer an apology ! Never going back here again! No wonder it was three quarters empty on a Saturday night, should have known better.

1  Thank raffeyd
Reviewed July 3, 2013

The food was great, and so was the service. We had an early dinner so the restaurant wasn't very full. I would have liked to have a latte or something other than just coffee, but they did not serve it, but there is a Starbucks across the street. The desert had few choices, so we skipped desert. For three of us, with one not drinking and no desserts, we spent $150.

Reviewed June 30, 2013

My wife and I stopped in this nice little restaurant one Friday afternoon just after 1pm, we sat down and I made the comment not many people in here just as the waitress came and asked if we needed drinks, we ordered from the menu which wasn't anything special but I had been curious about this place because of the fanfare it was getting on Facebook and other sites.
I ordered the burger and my wife ordered the pulled pork, like the title says good not great found the burger dry and the pulled pork stringy, rook and raven will be my next stop.