“Good food not great”
Review of 2nd Avenue Grill

2nd Avenue Grill
Reserve with OpenTable
2nd Avenue Grill is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #55 of 688 Restaurants in Saskatoon
Cuisines: Seafood, Steakhouse
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighborhood: Central Business District
Cross street: Between 22nd Street East and 21st Street East
Reviewed June 30, 2013

My wife and I stopped in this nice little restaurant one Friday afternoon just after 1pm, we sat down and I made the comment not many people in here just as the waitress came and asked if we needed drinks, we ordered from the menu which wasn't anything special but I had been curious about this place because of the fanfare it was getting on Facebook and other sites.
I ordered the burger and my wife ordered the pulled pork, like the title says good not great found the burger dry and the pulled pork stringy, rook and raven will be my next stop.

There are newer reviews for 2nd Avenue Grill

Reviewed April 25, 2013

This is a mature downtown Saskatoon eatery that maintains consistent high quality in food and service. Excellent burgers and the best chicken mushroom soup anywhere! The lunch menu has a nice balance and variety. Desserts are house made and excellent. Reservations for lunch are prudent, as the place fills quickly. All in all, this is a great spot for a semi-casual lunch for business or with friends. Nice decor, friendly, capable servers. It is possible to have a nice lunch in 45 minutes but it is pleasant to linger too.

Reviewed April 22, 2013

The 2nd Avenue Grill is a casual place with really good food, and not terribly expensive. Today the special was a Peppercorn Filet, included a huge tasty salad to start, and the fresh veggies were really good. When the waitress asked if I'd like to add mushrooms or sauteed onions, I figures sure why not. The amount of food was unexpected. So many mushrooms, and the onions were done just right. May I make a suggestion?... Saskatoon Mojito. I'm sure I could have had a number of these! The service was very good, she knew her menu, made good recommendations and overall did a great job.

Reviewed February 22, 2013

We waited 40 minutes for our lunch while every table around us was served and left. My chicken chèvre salad came on a wooden board and comprised a clump of cheese, a clump of candied nuts, a clump of chicken breast, some greens and a wedge of bread. The dressing was not on the greens at all which meant that I had to try to mix it all up and it kept falling off the board. The bread was dry as well. Our waitress was very neglectful and we had to go the bar and get our own water refills. My friends meals were tasty and served on plates and bowls.

Reviewed January 20, 2013

Food and service are second to none. A great place to entertain clients as well as a place to go after work for a quick cocktail. Natalie is one of the top servers in the city.