“Sorry to burst your bubble....”

Red Pepper Restaurant
Ranked #71 of 690 Restaurants in Saskatoon
Cuisines: Asian
Dining options: Delivery, Reservations
Neighborhood: Central Business District
Reviewed June 9, 2012

Curious about this place because of the reviews, we went in and had lunch. We saw the numerous plaque of award hanging on the wall and thought we will be blown away by the food we will about to eat. We ordered two of their most popular entre, jumbo vietnamese noodle with assorted meat and their crispy ginger beef on a hot plate and an appetizer, their vietnamese spring roll. Sorry but I have to say, Red Pepper does not serve authentic vietnamese food. Quality of food is comparable to food court quality (actually had better quality at some of the food courts), yes, it's inexpensive and yes, serving is good but I have to be honest, value for money, I would say no. If I may give a simple rule of thumb, if you do not see the place packed with vietnamese patrons, it means it's just ordinary. I would not go out of my way just to have lunch or dinner at Red Pepper.

Reviewed May 3, 2012

Great choice both for taste and value. It is the kind of oriental food you love the first time and can return to enjoy a replica of the same experience again and again. Of course, I love deep fried spring rolls, but there are dishes for folks who don't eat greasy things, too.

Reviewed April 20, 2012

have been to this restaurant several times and will continue to go back as the food is reasonably priced and great tasting. The service is what you would expect from this type of restaurant and the ambiance is cheap and cramped but you go for the food.

Reviewed March 28, 2012

Fresh, hot and as spicy as you want it! The interior is old and could use a facelift.

Reviewed March 7, 2012

The Vietnamese spring rolls here are simply wonderful, as indicated by other reviews. So is the Pad Thai. What I love best here, though, are the various vegetarian dishes. There's a veggie bird's nest with crunchy noodles that is very satisfying to eat. My latest favourite is a Szechuan noodles with vegetables dish — perfect vegetables, spicy, not greasy. Fantastic. Red Pepper Restaurant is a family favourite.