“This is not bad”

Cuisines: Asian
Dining options: Delivery, Reservations
Neighborhood: Central Business District
Reviewed February 29, 2012

Vitnamese spring rolls are to die for. I think about them often! The food is average.

Reviewed February 24, 2012

Excellent Excellent Excellent tried an a la carte supper and a vietnamese takeout lunch and they were both fabulous ! Go for lunch early or you will be waiting! A downtown staple for sure !

2  Thank RiderFan21
Reviewed February 3, 2012

I had the chance to visit Red Pepper again after my first review and was pleasantly surprised. I had a vermicelli bowl on two visits, once with grilled pork and once with grilled beef, and both were delicious. The service is still slow, especially during busy times, but the staff are friendly and the food is a good value.

2  Thank happytraveler125
Reviewed December 20, 2011

I love Vietnamese food and hadn't had some for a while, so I was excited to try Red Pepper, especially after reading so many positive reviews. Unfortunately, from the time we arrived, the experience was less than stellar. It took them at least 20 minutes after we were seated to take our drink orders, and longer still to take our food orders. I ended up ordering the chicken vermicelli bowl with vegetables and spring rolls, which was pretty disappointing. The chicken was breaded and fried, which I wasn't expecting, my spring roll was burnt, and the vegetables were undercooked. As well, they were pretty skimpy on the sweet chili sauce. Considering the poor quality of service and the mediocre food, I probably won't be coming back here again.

2  Thank happytraveler125
Reviewed October 31, 2011

Great place to stop for lunch downtown - daily specials are great value, delicious and service is quick. Favourites include the shrimp cold rolls and vietnamese spring rolls. Newly renovated, always packed at lunchtime.

1  Thank frozencanadian_9