“a bit disappointing”

Red Lobster
Ranked #112 of 670 Restaurants in Saskatoon
Cuisines: Seafood, Canadian
Good for: Large groups, Kids, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Full Bar, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Neighborhood: Nutana
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“a bit disappointing”
Reviewed April 22, 2013

Having not been at Red Lobster for quite sometime we thought we would go out and have a nice supper on Saturday evening.From past expirences we knew Saturday evenings would be busy and it was .However we were seated promply.The service was so so,the soup arrived and it was slightly warm,we asked the waitress to please take it back and heat it.She seemed a bit annoyed .The salad came next ,and we ate that waiting for the soup to come back ,which eventually it did.The ceaser salad was bad ,soggy with dressing and hardly any garlic flavor.The entrees were ok,I had grilled garlic shrimp,and my hubby had a seafood pasta.Our meals included a dessert as well ,they were good.We felt the value was alright ,for $18.99 each ,it came with soup ,salad, entree and dessert.We feel the quality of the food has slipped, .There are plenty of good resturants in Saskatoon,and I think Red Lobster has a lot of improving to do.,we won't be returning.

• Visited April 2013

Saskatoon, Canada
“Seafood!”
Reviewed March 3, 2013

One of my favorite places to go when craving seafood. The food (tried MANY times on the menu) has always been great! And I can never go there without getting the clam chowder. Have had really good service.

Visited February 2013
Saskatoon, Canada
“Disappointing”
Reviewed February 8, 2013

I have always loved the red Lobster chain and visited quite often when I was in the US. I moved to Regina 2 years ago and often visited the Red Lobster there as well... wasnt as great as i remembered it in the US, but was still good. Then I made a career move to Saskatoon and OMG i want to throw up when I remember eating there. And as I know every restaurant has its bad days I went back 2 more times and it never got better. There was plastic in my ceasar salad... which i was still charged for... waitress tried to be nice and threw in a free dessert but that doesnt take away from me biting on plastic. Like they cut the ceasar salad dressing bag and the top fell in the salad and nobody bothered to take it out, the biscuits which have been my one true favourite, were burnt and tough... I asked for a new set and they came in very salty and only slightly less burnt. The shrimp were flat and tasteless... only sauce make it edible and i thought this surely would all be better with the chocolate wave cake.... Wrong again... they were out of wave cake so i had to take some other brownie dessert that was just not good going down... even if it was now free. I paid for my meal and left. But i irk to go back... even though it has been one of my fave chains from a long time before... Oh i almost forgot about that overwhelming fishy smell when you enter the building. in NEED of total overhaul.

• Visited November 2012
Saskatoon
“I expect more from seeing the commercials and from the advertisement.”
Reviewed February 7, 2013

The seafood does taste good but there is much better seafood to be found in the city. Good for a chain restaurant that serves seafood, I guess.

Visited July 2012
Prince Albert, Canada
“Mother In Laws Fav”
Reviewed January 27, 2013

We go here quite often because my mother in-law loves it here... I find it quite pricy ... The food is good but its just ok as far as seafood goes... I almost feel like its a fast food place for seafood

Visited September 2012