“Excellent Cheap & Cheerful Vietnamese”

Saigon Rose Restaurant
Ranked #91 of 718 Restaurants in Saskatoon
Cuisines: Chinese, Vietnamese
Dining options: Delivery
Neighborhood: Central Business District
Reviewed December 30, 2011

Im sure all of the food is good but here are my recommendations again and again:
- tea
- deep fried spring rolls
- cold rolls
- dry chicken strips on vermicelli & vegetables
- bbq chicken or prawn on vermicelli
- pho soup

Reviewed September 28, 2011

I was in town for business and on my own for supper. I had a recommendation for the Saigon Rose and it was a two minute walk from my hotel. The food was great (chicken salad rolls and combination vermicelli.
atmosphere is very casual and down to earth; this is not a fine dining establishment folks; you go here for the food.
I'll be back!

Reviewed April 9, 2011

The food is fantastic. The sevice is quick. Prices are good too. The decor needs some work and the bathrooms are terrible. However, we eat there all the time because the food is so good.
I highly recommend.

Reviewed November 6, 2010

I started going to the Saigon when it was on Avenue A south during the 1980's and it ignited my life-long craving for Vietnamese food in mid-day. Since then I have lived on the Canadian west coast and now on the US east coast, and never miss an opportunity to dine at at Saigon Rose on my far too infrequent trips to Saskatoon. Seeing Rose at restaurant was always a highlight. The vietamese rolls vermicelli with chopped peanuts & sprouts were always my favourite, along with the iced coffee.

Reviewed May 6, 2010

I miss the food so much. I'm in Ottawa now and have not found any Vietnamese restaurant that even comes close! No one makes the Vietnamese rolls with rice paper. They use something like an egg roll wrapper. And they just don't make the soup as good. I'm coming for a visit in June and will definitely be going to Saigon Rose on 33rd St.