“Simply great”

Nosh Eatery and Tap
Ranked #17 of 738 Restaurants in Saskatoon
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Nosh is a vegetarian focused eatery in the heart of one of Saskatoon's favorite neighborhoods. Open 7 days a week for lunch & dinner. Brunch is served 10:30am-2:00pm Sundays. Full bar available with a clever house cocktail list. Vegan & gluten friendly choices. Creative food served in style.
Reviewed October 20, 2014 via mobile

I love this place. I love the creative drinks, they juice watermelons and cucumbers for their cocktails! And the food... Is unreal good. I often have to force myself to eat my salad.. Not here... There are actually multiple things in this menu that I crave... The sweet pea pancakes with chipotle hummus (i think), the grilled halloumi, the bean burger and the quinoa salad with apricots and a whole lotta yummy stuff.
You gotta try it!

3  Thank Stoonlins

Reviewed September 29, 2014

My daughter suggested we try Nosh. I was not familiar with it so checked it out online before we went. I wasn't sure if I would like it as it features vegan and vegetarian fare...but has items on the menu for us carnivores. I am a meat eater so thought I might feel a bit out of place...but not at all! Our server was fun and efficient, the food was tasty and attractively presented. We shared a spinach dip appetizer with beet chips (that were delicious). I had the walleye, and it was moist and tasty. Others in my party had trout and one had the mushroom steak. We enjoyed this delightful little bistro in the heart of the Broadway district. Give it a try!

3  Thank tarasm0m
Reviewed September 6, 2014

We went for a Sunday brunch at the Nosh, with a group of people and were taken to a cozy room, decorated with bookshelves and a very homey atmosphere. It was terrific.
Service was a little slow to start, since the place was full...but once we got noticed, things progressed at a pleasant pace.
The food was very tasty and most unique. All of us decided that we must come back, since there were so many things that appealed.
I had Nosh benny...perfectly cooked eggs on a grilled Portobello mushroom with a cumin hollandaise sauce...it was lovely.
Nice that they had food for people with sensitivities, and everyone was well accommodated.
We had a relaxing brunch and would definitely return!!!

3  Thank mokinator10
Reviewed September 5, 2014

I would normally not order a vegetarian option on a menu, but I decided to try Nosh to see how I would like a vegetarian meal from a place that specializes in such offerings.

I enjoyed the beetroot burger immensely, although I had some fear that a piece of the bright red patty might break off and land on my white shirt.

Not a lot of beer options on tap, but the Toffee Porter that they were carrying that day was intriguing.

2  Thank Rambling_Nomad
Reviewed September 4, 2014 via mobile

Well the decor and design is unbeatable. A huge success for whoever put it together, but too bad the food didn't keep up.

The menu lacked variety. A predominantly vegan menu is the maybe the best way a chef could be challenged but also allowed to be diverse, creative, and explore unique ingredients.
Nosh's menu didn't do this. Nothing stretched beyond the recipes you'd find in the most "white bread" cooking magazine you could grab from a grocery checkout rack.

The tastes were there, but the textures weren't, nor was the execution.

I suspect the server could tell we weren't impressed from the start, and that's why she was expressly slow coming back for our order and between courses, or with refills.

Quite boring overall, but again, minus the great looking restaurant itself.

I'd stop in again, but knowing that it's essentially just a vegan burger spot with a short drink selection.