Tripadvisor
Saskatoon

“Good meal with excellent service ”

CUT Casual Steak & Tap
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

I have been to Cut a few times and this was another good visit. I had the Greek salad and the scallops. The Greek salad is very good with a bit of a non traditional creamy dressing. The scallops were good but not great. The scallops themselves were fine with a dash of mustard but I was not a fan of the mashed potatoes that they are served on, but that's a personal choice. The service was excellent I have absolutely no complaints. I find that Saskatoon seems to almost always have good servers.

Date of visit: January 2020
Write a reviewReviews (239)

Reviewed December 19, 2019 via mobile

My steak neptune was done to perfection and very nice and tender. The staff were all very informative and knew the menu items well. The atmosphere was very quiet and perfect for great conversation.

Reviewed December 15, 2019 via mobile

After reopening and new owner the restaurant became a disappointment to me. Average fast food decor and bad barman who cannot mix properly does not worth the high pricing of the Cut menu. Very prime location and historic building deserve a better restaurant in that place.

Date of visit: December 2019
dm_212121, Owner at CUT Casual Steak & Tap, responded to this reviewResponded December 19, 2019

Hello, thank you for the review however this doesn’t properly represent our restaurant. I’m not sure if you perhaps have us confused with another restaurant. Cut Casual Steak and Tap has been in the same location under the same ownership since our grand opening for over 5 years. “Average fast food decor” also jumps out as perhaps you being confused with a different restaurant.

Reviewed December 9, 2019

Attended a business dinner. Started with a Caesar.....one of the best I have ever had. Appy was the scallops....tasty. Then proceeded to the main which was braised short ribs. One of my favorite meals which was elevated at CUT restaurant. The ribs were plentiful and delicious. Without comparison, the best short ribs I have ever tasted. I cannot explain how delicious and satisfying this meal was. I have a fairly good appetite and this meal was very fulfilling. Couldn't have eaten another bite and dessert was not possible. Overall a great meal experience. The service and ambiance were also excellent. Great restaurant.

Reviewed December 3, 2019 via mobile

Visited today, nice cold beer and great happy hour specials. Reanne was a great server. Food was just meh. We had the yorkies and mac and cheese. Yorkies were lukewarm with very little beef and no au jus in sight. The ' mac and cheese' was some kind of deep fried thing that was very hard and dry, the sauce was floury and bland. It didnt taste like cheese, or jalapeno or bacon. Should have had the steak!