“Surprised!”

Motel 6 Saskatoon
Ranked #22 of 41 Hotels in Saskatoon
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed November 16, 2012

Stayed here for 2 nites Nov. 13 and 14. This was the only hotel available for those nites in the city, so I thought there must be something wrong with it! Not so, tho there are no frills ie coffee pot in room, hairblower, the motel is very clean and nice, but basic. There is coffee available at the front desk and a Tim Hortons right in the parking lot--have to love that! There is also tim Horton donuts in the morning for breakfast. The motel is right by The Credit Union Centre, walkable for concert goers, and Costco, and a bit of a drive to other shopping so if you don't know the city that well it can be frustrating. Over all I was very pleased with my time spent there, and would recommend.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank jabber66

Reviewed November 11, 2012

I stayed at this hotel in early November for business. I flew into Saskatoon and needed a hotel close to Hwy 16 so I could travel to another location first thing in the morning. It took me just a few minutes to get to the hotel from the airport since both are located on the NW side of Saskatoon. This was my first time at this hotel and found the front desk staff to be very friendly, the room clean and comfortable. I didn't use any other services while there since I flew in late and was just there to rest.

The bed was very comfortable and I found the room quiet. This hotel has the basic conveniences such as a pool, fridge and coffee maker in the room but no frills - there might have been a microwa, it is also non smoking and pet friendly. I booked my room online through their website and had no difficultly with my reservation. Room rate was $105/night which was cheaper than other hotels in the area.

There is a Tim Horton's next to the hotel and a Husky truck stop with restaurant just across the street which I found both to be very convenient. Since its located off Hwy 16, it is very easy to access Circle Drive in Saskatoon which is a bypass to get you quickly around the city.

I will definately consider staying here again.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the north side so you won't get some of the traffic noise from Hwy 16 or the t...
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed October 28, 2012

We found the staff very friendly and kind. It is always a bonus when the bathroom is clean and new in a basic hotel. This really helped bring the rating up of this hotel. The kids enjoyed the free donuts in the lobby that were fresh from Tim's.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Brad336
Reviewed October 17, 2012

Good location just off Hwy 16 on the west side, quick, friendly check inn,room is good sized, clean, just no frills,1 shampoo,1 soap, no coffee maker in room but coffee in lobby.No breakfast, pricey over a $110.00 a night with CAA but not bad for the area.WiFi is strong and a big plus is pet freindly and no extra charges. We would stay again.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Greyhoundlover
Reviewed September 2, 2012

Hotel staff very friendly; helped find our way around the city. Room very clean. Very well situated. In close proximity to airport if you have to catch an early flight out or getting in late. But also close enough to shopping and restaurant area of Saskatoon. Eventhough it is nextdoors to and our room was even facing the Huskie truck stop, we were not bothered by any loud noises at night; hotel walls are soundproof. Hotel is very easy to find; right off TC Hwy. Tim Hortons in same parking lot as hotel came in very handy the next morning. Would stay at this hotel again, anyday!

Room Tip: Would recomend this hotel. Only drawback is that it does not offer in room coffee. This is only av...
Reviewed August 22, 2012

The staff were very friendly and welcoming, and we found the hotel clean and quiet. Tim Horton's, Denny's, Costco and a truck stop with restaurant and car wash were conveniently close.

On the down side, our 'kitchenette' was a mini-fridge and a microwave, the beds were at the extreme edge of 'firm', and the bedspreads were cheap and hideous. I wouldn't usually comment on hotel bedspreads, but these were unpleasant-feeling polyester, with a bright, primary-coloured 'Motel 6' / truck and semi-trailer design... possibly suitable for a small boy's bedroom if he likes trucks.

The location is right on the north outskirts of town. It's easy to find from either the Yellowhead or the Prince Albert highway, but you'd never guess what a pretty city Saskatoon is from this location, and there are several hotel selections in town for about the same price.

Room Tip: If you're a light sleeper, you will prefer the rooms on the side that doesn't overlook the t...
2  Thank JanLansing
Reviewed August 16, 2012

I had a friend refer me to this hotel for when our family was taking a trip through Saskatchewan. We have stayed at Motel 6's before, and always found them to be VERY basic hotels. When we booked our room, all they had were kitchenettes (a little bit on the pricey side, if you don't need the kitchen part). But when we arrived, the man at the desk (a young man, I believe Tom was his name) asked us if that is what we needed, or if we'd like a regular room, because there were now some available. That was very nice - the rate went down about $30 and we got what we needed. I know Motel 6 does not have hair dryers in the rooms, so I made sure to ask during check-in, and he gave me one, no problem. Something I didn't know about this place, that I learnt at check-in, is that this hotel has the only salt water pool in Saskatoon! When we stayed, the hot tub jets weren't working, but the desk man was very apologetic about it. The room was very clean, although the blankets they have are definitely not the most attractive. However, the room did completely meet our expectations. I really loved the fact that all I had to do was talk to the desk guy and we could get anything we needed - towels, blankets, anything. The lady at check-out (didn't have a name tag) was super sincere as well, offering us a copy of the receipt, checking to make sure everything was perfect during our stay. It's great to know that the employees there seem to genuinely love their job, and try to keep the guests happy. Customer service is huge to us, so we will definitely stay here again, when needed! Highly recommend this place if you're going through Saskatoon - not very central, but it's cheap, and you won't be disappointed.

2  Thank red_one_85