Motel 6 Saskatoon
Courtyard
The James Hotel(Saskatoon)
$205
$164
All reviewstim hortonsparking lottruck stop across the streethusky housetimbitsrooms are a bit smallyellowhead highwayroom was cleannorthern saskatchewanlaundry facilitiesconvenient locationkids runninghot tubchange roomsfront desk staffstayed one nightindustrial area
Reviewed August 22, 2012

The staff were very friendly and welcoming, and we found the hotel clean and quiet. Tim Horton's, Denny's, Costco and a truck stop with restaurant and car wash were conveniently close.

On the down side, our 'kitchenette' was a mini-fridge and a microwave, the beds were at the extreme edge of 'firm', and the bedspreads were cheap and hideous. I wouldn't usually comment on hotel bedspreads, but these were unpleasant-feeling polyester, with a bright, primary-coloured 'Motel 6' / truck and semi-trailer design... possibly suitable for a small boy's bedroom if he likes trucks.

The location is right on the north outskirts of town. It's easy to find from either the Yellowhead or the Prince Albert highway, but you'd never guess what a pretty city Saskatoon is from this location, and there are several hotel selections in town for about the same price.

Room Tip: If you're a light sleeper, you will prefer the rooms on the side that doesn't overlook the truck stop.
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank JanLansing
Reviewed August 16, 2012

I had a friend refer me to this hotel for when our family was taking a trip through Saskatchewan. We have stayed at Motel 6's before, and always found them to be VERY basic hotels. When we booked our room, all they had were kitchenettes (a little bit on the pricey side, if you don't need the kitchen part). But when we arrived, the man at the desk (a young man, I believe Tom was his name) asked us if that is what we needed, or if we'd like a regular room, because there were now some available. That was very nice - the rate went down about $30 and we got what we needed. I know Motel 6 does not have hair dryers in the rooms, so I made sure to ask during check-in, and he gave me one, no problem. Something I didn't know about this place, that I learnt at check-in, is that this hotel has the only salt water pool in Saskatoon! When we stayed, the hot tub jets weren't working, but the desk man was very apologetic about it. The room was very clean, although the blankets they have are definitely not the most attractive. However, the room did completely meet our expectations. I really loved the fact that all I had to do was talk to the desk guy and we could get anything we needed - towels, blankets, anything. The lady at check-out (didn't have a name tag) was super sincere as well, offering us a copy of the receipt, checking to make sure everything was perfect during our stay. It's great to know that the employees there seem to genuinely love their job, and try to keep the guests happy. Customer service is huge to us, so we will definitely stay here again, when needed! Highly recommend this place if you're going through Saskatoon - not very central, but it's cheap, and you won't be disappointed.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank red_one_85
Reviewed August 9, 2012

This is a great place to stay if you just want a place to lay your head for a night or two. The room was clean and the staff is friendly, can't ask for much more! The location was great for our trip, as we were just stopping in from Edmonton on our way to Winnipeg. It was easy to find and we didn't have to navigate through the city to get to it. If you're looking for somewhere central, this probably isn't the best place!

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank ACuming
Reviewed August 3, 2012

We stayed here after researching other locations...hotels in Saskatoon are quite pricey. The Super 8 had the same price, but I chose this hotel since it had a pool for the kids. We paid $115.00 a for 2 double beds. In most other cities, this would be an $80.00 to $90.00 room. The room was very bright and clean, but it was cramped. The front lobby area was also very clean. The hot tub was nice and warm, and the pool was reasonably warm. There is a truck stop across the road...we stayed on the backside of the motel, so this wasn't an issue for us, it was quiet there. There is a Tim Horton's right adjacent, so that is handy. My only complants would be the price (which I had mentioned are higher everywhere in Saskatoon), and the internet in the lobby, which wasn't working the whole time we were there (we stayed two nights)...also, they charge to use the lobby computer/internet. Otherwise, it was a pleasant stay.

Room Tip: Coose a room at the back of the hotel, due to truck stop across the street from the front.
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed June 2, 2012

I stayed at this Motel 6 on the way through Saskatoon. I found it to be clean, it was quite busy at the time, but they were able to accommodate us thankfully. Typical Motel 6 rooms, quite basic, no frills. But decent beds, clean washroom. I found the price to be a bit much though. I believe it is because of the booming Saskatoon economy. Hotels are a bit hard to come by, so I suppose it is to be expected. I would stay here again, however.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled with friends