“Nice Brunch/Lunch on 2nd Ave”
Review of Honey Bun Cafe

Honey Bun Cafe
Ranked #143 of 715 Restaurants in Saskatoon
Cuisines: Canadian
Reviewed July 9, 2014

Our yearly visit to the 2nd Ave Grill found us too early so my daughter suggested the Honey Bun Cafe since she had a pleasant experience earlier. My wife & I ordered the breakfast bun which had egg & bacon cleverly baked inside a delicious bun. I ordered the tasty Tomato Dill Soup of the day & my wife ordered the cinnamon bun which was absolutely the best ever. I noticed several of these ordered by locals to have with their coffee. Our daughter had the Soup & Sandwich special opting for the Vegetarian and loved it. She also decided to purchase a bag of 4 sandwich buns for the road to have as lunches at work. Totally happy, pleasant service. nice location and wonderful food. No hesitation about returning again if the opportunity presents itself. We noticed lovely salads on display as well as catering available

Reviewed February 12, 2014

I had lunch with a friend and had wanted to get here for some time after reading a write up last year. It intrigued me because of the stuffed buns. I grew up near a Mennonite community in southern Saskatchewan and at gatherings, we used to get a treat of having a ground beef/onion stuffed bun that was always outstanding, so I wanted to try these buns. I had the pizza bun, since that was one of only two left to select from by the time we got to the counter, around 1 p.m. So go early if you want more selection. They should judge quantities better, or maybe they budget to run out? My friend tried the tortilla soup. Actually we split the special, since she cannot have bread. It was bun and soup for roughly $10. We both thoroughly enjoyed what we ate. The service was reasonable, but their cleaning up after customers could be better and quicker. I will go back so that I can have a better selection on the buns and the cinnamon buns looks awesome, so will try one of those as well.

Reviewed February 11, 2014

My son and I were to Saskatoon last fall and finally got to check out the new honeybun cafe.

We loved everything about honeybun, from the sign that greets you outside, to the cozy interior that has barn wood accents and other great details. My son especially liked the paintings/signs on the bathroom doors! A cute touch :)

The food is like home cooked comfort food - delicious and very filling. We each had one of the stuffed buns and a bowl of soup. The lattes are a perfect reason to stop in too, not to mention the baking, should you just want a coffee and treat, at some point in the day.

Before leaving, we grabbed some stuffed buns from the grab and go freezer to take home...

We'll be back next time we're in Saskatoon!