“Great Atmosphere”

Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast
“Great Atmosphere”
Reviewed April 15, 2014

The atmosphere in State & Main is more what I feel you would find in the 'big' city vs Saskatoon. I love it!

The good is delicious; there is always something on the menu that appeals to everyone...no matter what they feel like eating.

The prices are decent and the drinks are plentiful.

This is a great place to go for lunch with a client or co-workers.

Awesome place to eat!

Visited February 2014

Saskatoon, Saskatchewan, Canada
“Food is great-service sucks.”
Reviewed April 7, 2014

The only reason I gave this place such a good rating is because the food is always consistent and good. Clean. Servers on the other hand-dumb, uninterested in being there and don't put effort into their jobs. Servers seem to always be a hit and miss there. Mostly a miss. No personalities and never seem around for drink refills. You see the servers but they are always busy walking around and chatting with the other servers but never seem to be attending tables.
If it wasn't for the great lounge food we would never go back.

• Visited April 2014
Saskatoon, Canada
“The wait was not worth it”
Reviewed March 13, 2014 via mobile

We've been wanting to try this place for a long time. When we got there it looked promising, cozy booths, night atmosphere, cool menus.

We ordered the ribs and the buffalo sandwich. The waitress told me the ribs were 'tangy' not spicy. Well, to me, they were spicy so I only ate a couple.

My husband was very disappointed in his sandwich and his sides (the yam fries were cold and the jalapeño mashed were.... Boring)

My poutine was the saltiest thing I've ever eaten, but I loved the jalapeño corn bread.

After we were done, we waited (no lie) 15 minutes for our waitress, she was no where in sight. We were there for a total of an hour and a half on a Monday night. It wasn't busy, there were plenty of tables open.

I'm sorry to say that there are plenty of eating establishments in Saskatoon and you have to do better than that to win repeat customers. I usually give restaurants more than one chance, but this place really felt as though this was the best they could do. It wasn't an 'off' night, that was just 'business as usual'

“Must Try”
Reviewed March 2, 2014 via mobile

Went with friends for a low key birthday supper. The food portions were generous including the starters and very tasty. Service was excellent even on a Saturday night. The place itself is modern but fancy. Prices are very reasonable. Can't wait to go again!

“What a lunch!”
Reviewed February 26, 2014 via mobile

Tomato soup like you've never tasted - hello bacon!so many good menu choices it was hard to decide. A little loud for a serious business meeting but a fun place to catch up.