“Breakfast option”

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed April 8, 2013

We went there when it opened and the food was impressive but the wait was long. I decided to try it a second time with a special friend but was totally disappointed. As usual the wait was long( for less customers in the restaurant), and the food was not what I expected-it was average, and considering the price one would expect more. Very disappointing!

Reviewed April 8, 2013

We've had lunch twice at the new Cora's in Saskatoon.
Lunch #1: They were out of hashbrowns and offered a crepe (no problem). The breakfast came and the waitress dropped the bread off of the plate just as she got to our table and said she'd go get another and she rushed off. We noticed the crepe was missing and when she came by, without the bread, we mentioned it. She said 3 times 'the kitchen should have made it and brought it out' instead of offering to get it. We mentioned the crepe was missing. She came back with the crepe and bread about 10 min later after we'd finished our meal and said again that the 'kitchen should have brought it out'. I really felt like she thought I was lying about not getting the bread and crepe. I left not feeling very happy. We mentioned it to the cashier and she just nodded.

Lunch #2: we received along with our meal a little container of what I thought was syrup (it was molassas). Thinking it was syrup I put it on my 3 year old's pancake. We all tasted it after the 3 year old said it was yukky and it was aweful. When the waitress came I asked what it was and she said 'molassas - we bring it for the buckwheat pancakes'. I explained I thought it was syrup and we put it on the child's pancakes. She said again that they bring molassas for the buckwheat pancakes. (I hadn't heard of this before) We then shared our meal with the 3 year old. We couldn't eat the pancake drenched in molassas. We mentioned to the cashier that we wished the waitress had mentioned there was molasses in the container and she didn't even acknowledge the comment.

In conclusion, there has been much excitement about this Cora's coming to Saskatoon. The 2 waitresses we had didn't seem to care if we were satisfied nor did the cashier. By the reaction of the cashier on both occasions I assume she is used to receiving complaints and realizes that nothing will be done so she doesn't even react. I did see the manager around - perhaps I should have asked to speak with her.

1  Thank Patti_K_45
Reviewed March 24, 2013

I met my family here for brunch one day.
The food was good, the atmosphere and service was wonderful but the food was a bit pricey for a breakfast place.
Definitely good but with the price of food and the wait to get in, it isn't a place I'd go to very often.
Overall it was very nice between getting in the door, and getting the bill.

Reviewed March 23, 2013

We had good service. It is a nice bright place to eat with really good sized windows. A good menu to choose from and we enjoyed the hazelnut chocolate to dip our fruit in. We felt the price was fair for what was on your plate. Our server was very friendly and looked after our table very well.

Reviewed March 20, 2013

Generally OK Food was fresh and presented well A very light faire Not much for a man's appetite A bit pricey