“great local fare without the chain like feel” 4 of 5 bubbles

The Manhattan Gastropub and Restaurant
Ranked #177 of 660 Restaurants in Saskatoon
Cuisines: American, Bar, Pub, Canadian, British
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff
Rio de Janeiro, RJ
“great local fare without the chain like feel”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 30, 2014

great food, good service, friendly staff. Easy to go here amongst friends, or by yourself for a relaxing high quality meal. At a reasonable price.

Visited January 2014
1 Thank gmoneg

“Great Food and pretty fast as well!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 3, 2013

I have been to this restaurant many times. There burgers are amazing, and the rest of the food is great as well! I wanted a dish, but not spicy and they gladly changed the recipe for me! I love it here and love the atmosphere! its not crazy in there or at all Confined. its great for a family of even having a meeting over lunch or supper! I went with my family and it was awesome! Only thing is I found that the pizza sometimes takes longer to get to you after you order! I have and will go back again!

• Visited August 2013
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Kelsee D
Saskatoon, Canada
“Great pizza”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 31, 2013

I have ate here quite a few time and enjoy it very much. The service is great. The waitresses attentive to our needs. The pizza is great with a salad. The sauce is very tasty on the pizza. I have also enjoyed there fish and chips. The coleslaw with it is ok. I enjoy this pub a lot and will be back again and again.

Visited July 2013
Saskatoon, Canada
“What was worse, food or service?”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 5, 2013

Honestly, where do I start with this place? We went here because I used to love the previous restaurant that was there. We went in and were asked right away if we wanted the lounge or restaurant, we chose lounge. Which was funny when we sat down that there is absolutely nothing dividing the lounge from the rest of the place, it's all just open. Needless to say, my fiance and I both ordered pasta, and we got their version of a seafood spring roll. I will swear to the death of me that our cold (which is supposed to be hot) seafood roll was made entirely with PORK. I asked the waitress and was told that I don't know the difference between pork and shrimp, because it's shrimp. Which shrimp is not dark brown, and does not taste like pork either. We both finished our drinks by the time we finished the rolls (they were spicy), and then our server brought our food - she didn't take our dirty plates, and didn't offer us a drink refill. My chicken linguine, if that was it was even supposed to be was COLD. Literally, it was frozen, and warmed up (I assume in a microwave because there were scolding hot parts, and then very cold parts). It was probably one of the worst things I have ever ate! I told the waitress (she never did return to the table, so I actually walked up and over to her while she was at another table, call me rude if you want, but I sat there with this plate for over 15 minutes). I told her that I just can't eat it, as I find it to be very off-setting. She told me that if I don't like it, I shouldn't have ordered it. My fiance's meal honestly wasn't any better. All we ate from our meals was the garlic toast. When we finally got our bill she said she would pack it up for us, and I told her not to bother, because my dog wouldn't even eat this. She didn't like that comment, so rushed over the host desk and apparently the manager (who looked about 17 years old) came to talk to me about being so rude to the staff. I tried to explain to him about the food and service we received, but he just kept interrupting me, and telling me that I have an "old-fashioned palate." He then prompted for my payment. I seriously don't know why, but I paid. As soon as I took my debit card out of the terminal, he told me to leave right away, and that I am never allowed back into his restaurant. He must have been the owner's son or something, but I could not find a single adult in that restaurant to talk to about my food and service. I did try going to the "bar" myself to order a drink, as during our meal I kept seeing 3 or 4 staff members hanging around there chatting, but the "bartender" (who again, I don't even think was legal to drink alcohol, let alone serve it) ignored me for his cell phone. Needless to say, I will NEVER return here, or recommend the place to ANYONE. Terrible food and the worst service I have ever experienced in my life, without a doubt. Anyone doing business or serving food like them should be shut down.

• Visited March 2013
1 Thank Tom E
Winnipeg
“Lots or promise but lacking service and food quality”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 1, 2013

During a recent visit to Saskatoon to visit family, my father suggested we go out to a local pub/eatery located near his condo. He had eaten there before and thought it would be a different experience than our usual restaurants we go when in town. Well, it was a different experience allright. The decor is a combination pub and restaurant. There are TV's showing sports channels which detracts from the dining area; in my opinion, tthe TV's should be in the pub area only. We were quickly seated but almost ignored to get drinks, wine and our meals ordered. The server appeared to be new and nervous. He had to return from the bar to ask my father about what type of scotch he wanted (he should have done this first). He returned with our bottle of wine only to admit that he had no clue how to open it - uh oh! We were going from bad to worse here. Before I could take the opener from him to do it, his supervisor showed up and gave him 'wine opening 101.' Embarassing, I am sure, for the server. Our orders were finally taken and we waited and waited for them to arrive. My Dad's guest and I had the fish and chips, my Dad ordered a steak sandwich, and my spouse ordered a grilled chicken salad. The fish and chips came first. About 5-7 mintes later, my Dad's steak arrived. After another ten minutes, my spouse's salad arrived. Absolutely dreadful that the kitchen could not time the orders to arrive at the same time. The fish and chips were OK but the cole slaw was too spicy to eat, and the plates were stone cold, so the meal quickly cooled. My Dad's steak was over done, the garlic mashed potatoes were full of bits of potato skin, and the vegetables were cold. The only entrée that was properly prepared was my spouse's salad. The server constantly apologized for the delays and his inexperience. My Dad commented that the restaurant had been open for about 18 months, after being renovated from another type of pub/eatery which he said was dreadul in food and service. My Dad was very frustrated with this dining fiasco. Obviously, in spite of its proximity to his residence, he and we will not be back. This restaurant needs to take a long hard look at its kitchen operations and the training of serving staff. At this rate, they will peeve customers to the point that no one will patronize the establishment.

• Visited December 2012