“Food was cold and below average”
Review of Mediterranno Ristorante - CLOSED

Mediterranno Ristorante
Cuisines: Greek, Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed March 29, 2012

Two of us ordered the lunch special and it was cold. We had to ask for it to be heated up, so obviously it was not freshly made. There is too much competition for a restaurant in downtown Saskatoon to have this experience.

Reviewed March 1, 2012

Ask for Richard to be your server and just let him choose a great meal for you. I go here monthly and have never been disappointed. In particular, go after the calimari. It is lightly battered, lightly cooked and absolutely perfect. Pair this with a good wine and it will be smiles all night. Lots of side dishes are available and they tend to be based on seasonal ingredients so ask what the chef's are doing that night. Flat out, my favorite Saskatoon restaurant.

Reviewed February 17, 2012

The decor of the restaurant is delightful and the servers very knowledgeable. Pita bread, greek salad is served with every meal. They have off the menu specials and the lamb is not to be missed. It isn't cheap but quality food never is.

1  Thank CandyGnomad
Reviewed November 15, 2011

I think they've since changed their name, but there is another Greek restaurant in the same location, also average. A better option for Greek is found on Whyte in Edmonton, or Stepho's in Vancouver. This place is okay. But with so many Greek owned restaurants, the lack of a true, good authentic Greek restaurant in downtown Saskatoon is yet another void in the Saskatoon foody scene.

Reviewed December 6, 2010

Note that this restaurant now goes by the name "The Real Greek".
I've been to some great Greek restaurants in Vancouver and have been disappointed since moving to Saskatoon. This place was highly recommended by a co-worked, so I went with my wife. I had my heart set on a succulent dish of arne fricasse.
We ordered the meal for two and WOW was I impressed. All these courses were better than I expected. The dolmathes was better than any I've had anywhere. Calamari was tender with just the right amount of garlic. I was very impressed, until the final course. The roast lamb that I was looking forward to the most was very disappointing. A little dry and not tender.
The belly dancer was an interesting distraction, but I wasn't going to give her more attention than my wife. I enjoyed the Greek decor.

2  Thank geerdad